VW Beetle Forum banner

What did you do for your beetle today?

223K views 3K replies 368 participants last post by  kathleenpike69 
#1 ·
:D What the title says!

I ordered a new 8 inch stubby antenna + base for my bug to replace a rusty one. She also got her windows cleaned and trash cleared out.

#2 ·
Can I lop the last few weekends together?

Ok just last weekend...

-Welded up seat bracket to Passat Passenger Seat and installed (driver seat done previous weekend)
- Cut muffler out of exhaust, cut the S pipe into a downward facing Candy cane shaped pipe, welded attachment bracket to it, installed after the resonator.
- Used a heat gun to heat up the fender with a dent, used a flat head to press the dent out. Now I have a slight crease, looks much better.
- ZipTie™ Mod for the hood release latch (the tongue that pops out from under the hood)
- Cut out the bracket that holds the rear bench seat back up and the two body bolts that hold the 6-Disc CD changer in the trunk. Car is officially a two-seater now.
- Dismantled front subframe from a 2001 Jetta to have installed in the Beetle and resolve my negative camber issue
- Reprogrammed Cluster to Japan, hoping it'd take away the CEL for the EGR ... but it didn't.
- Setup VAGCOM in WINE / Setup two VirtualBox VirtualMachines for VAGCOM should my serial cable not work with VAGCOM running in WINE (I Use Linux...)
- Cleaned out my car

#18 ·
I fixed the blend door in my 02 last weekend and gave the inside a good scrubbing afterward. Thought about doing the water pump in my 03 and decided it was too much to handle right now so I am looking for a good vw mechanic who works on his own time in the Ft. Lauderdale area to do it for me. Just not confident enough yet to tear apart the motor, Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volkswagen new beetle Motor vehicle

#1,933 ·
I had mine 17 years and never once washed it myself - when it went to VW they washed it, and I did own a car wash business for a while so the minions would put it through for me, but that is my advance new year resolution - was the car properly!

Its actually illegal here to wash your own car, unless you are on your own land in a field in the middle of nowhere! The state government passed laws because our streets and storm drains run directly into the creek and rivers. They say that soaps and plastic micro beads kill the fish.

#24 ·
I sat and texted everyone about how sad I was because the cv axle did not work so I could not drive her. I called Gary for some much needed help. Poor man hears from us all the time. Probably happy we do not live close to each other. J/P Gary.. :(:(

#25 ·
Cv axle came so hopefully she will be back on the road and she also got a new oil pan, new oil, new oil filter, greased up starter and will be getting a front end alignment and a very good washin.. lol

#27 ·
Cv axle was the wrong one but got one off of a 02 jetta at the junk yard and it was in a great shape and it fit!! So buttoned her back up and drove her around the block and no popping! Ran like a dream and the grease fixed the starter. :D So I am driving my Smurfette again.:D:D

#32 ·
I just got done cleaning up from putting another layer of smoke on my tails and installing new fog lights. I got them from 72Superbeetle's Turbo. They were not an exact match and it took 3.5 hours to get it done. Now waiting for my 7000K lamps for the headlights and fogs. Put the new fogs in for Sunday's VW show in Crystal Lake. Debating on smoking the fogs. :dunno: Gotta see how bright the new lamps are. :D

#38 ·
I kicked mine in the...........................tire.
Actually took out the rear seat, been toying with the idea for quite some time. Now that it's out not sure if I quite like it.
There's quite a few things I didnt take into consideration about removing it, like what do you do with the seat belts, what about the seat latch hooks etc. etc. etc.