VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is this called ?? (red arrow) what does it do ?and how does it do it? (red arrow )

.... i got a haynes subscription but it doesnt have my setup i have a 2003 newbeetle STD trans 2.0 litre hatch back non turbo non tdi

if i apply a vac (purple arrow) it doesnt hold if i blow into it goes straight through little resistance (purple arrow ) the main part goes to this and oil filler (red arrow ) and it smaller section splits into plenum (green arrow ) but the plenum part of the hose is blocked off near the intake vac nipple and the hose itself doesnt seem to merge / there is no hole to y into the main section like im assuming its for a turbo setup or tdi or?

i have a catalyst error and a couple p codes that turn up often enough to investigate ...
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The red arrow is the crankcase breather valve. The crankcase is just vented to the intake ahead of the throttle, this is not a conventional PCV valve that would go to vacuum inside the intake manifold. The green arrow is the connection to the fuel injectors to vent any fuel vapors that they leak to the intake rather that the atmosphere. The electrical connector is for a heater element to keep the valve from freezing up in cold weather.

The purple line goes to a vacuum source. I'm not sure of the purpose, but it does not seem to connect to a vacuum diaphragm in the valve. Mine doesn't hold vacuum either, I think this is normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The red arrow is the crankcase breather valve. The crankcase is just vented to the intake ahead of the throttle, this is not a conventional PCV valve that would go to vacuum inside the intake manifold. The green arrow is the connection to the fuel injectors to vent any fuel vapors that they leak to the intake rather that the atmosphere. The electrical connector is for a heater element to keep the valve from freezing up in cold weather.

The purple line goes to a vacuum source. I'm not sure of the purpose, but it does not seem to connect to a vacuum diaphragm in the valve. Mine doesn't hold vacuum either, I think this is normal.
[/QUOTE

loss of vacuum at that :/ weird?? im trying to diagnose a catalyst error and i get evap codes
.... injector fumes ? the green line on mine is plugged near the plenum with some kind of slug as well no air can pass anyway combo tube doesnt seem to have have a seperate passage for the injector line at least i couldnt determine were it merged

1 - 3 of 3 Posts