NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
How To Make A Beetle Baby
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although it is a cute concept and definitely feminine advertising promotion, the idea of a frilly flower bouncing around inside does not appeal to me... so guys, what the heck are you putting in your bud vases? And when you take over driving from your lady, do you pluck out the flower and hide it under the seat?

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
My Hubby takes the flowers out even before he turns the key :p He drives it about once a year so I guess it's ok.It also makes a great quill holder ;)

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
I swapped my vase out for a more masculine billet aluminum vase from ABD racing. To top that off I have an old VW pen with a blue NB on top in the vase. Occasionally I'll put one of the VW plush daisies in the vase.

·
Insert Witty Title Here
100 Posts
Flowers

Hey there,

I have no problems flaunting my masculinity by putting flowers in the vase. It is my car though, but I have an entire glovebox full of fake floral arrangements for me to change out; I have one for every day of the week! :p Perhaps we should have a "Real Men Put Flowers In Their Vase" sticker made? Just kidding....

I do like to take out the flowers sometimes; they can be very distracting. Of course, my car has been in the shop for a week so I have not had much flower experience lately. :(

·
dunno513
1,236 Posts
Best sunglasses holder. Brother-in-law thought it was for change.:D currently looking for a venus fly trap (fake of course) that will fit.

·
Save a horse, ride a....
222 Posts
These things come with vases? Hahaha...My wife actually pulled hers out and tossed it in the glove box. Couldn't agree with her more.

·
I are there be you aint
617 Posts
As soon as I get a bud vase (did not come with one) I will keep a rose in it. I could car less what other people think in terms of gender identity stereo-types.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
I switch out my flowers everytime I fill up with gas... and my boyfriend ALWAYS drives the beetle when we are together... he has never removed any of my flower choices and always waves at other beetles... lol

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Moviequill said:
Although it is a cute concept and definitely feminine advertising promotion, the idea of a frilly flower bouncing around inside does not appeal to me... so guys, what the heck are you putting in your bud vases? And when you take over driving from your lady, do you pluck out the flower and hide it under the seat?
Newbies. :rolleyes:

Flowers are not 'frilly', flowers are 'organic'. Anyone who has a problem with a flower in the budvase has a problem with the NB, owner or not.

IMO, a fresh fleur in the blumenvasen is the only option, otherwise just pull it out and throw it away. Plush items, to be blunt, are for wankers. :cool:

I have never had a bad comment from anyone and I love the ironic juxtaposition of my lowered black vert with the bazooka sized exhaust and a flower poppin' out from the dash, it just leaves the other drivers speechless. :eek:

BTW, when you exceed 90MPH, the flower starts to rotate faster and faster and then it lifts off. :D

Attachments

·
Grand Poobah
506 Posts
I stick pixie sticks in mine. As soon as my usual gas attedant saw that I put those instead of flower she said "Oh good you took the flower out." So I took it as a step in the right direction. Right now the whole vase is hiding as I ate/agve away all my pixie stock.

·
How To Make A Beetle Baby
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Billsbug said:
Newbies. :rolleyes:

Anyone who has a problem with a flower in the budvase has a problem with the NB, owner or not.
I love how some people don't recognize tongue firmly planted in cheek... but maybe now the misinformed will garner a wee bit of knowledge on how my cranium cranks under the hood

·
Former Beetle Owner
532 Posts
nagal said:
As soon as I get a bud vase (did not come with one) I will keep a rose in it. I could car less what other people think in terms of gender identity stereo-types.
Rock On!! Kudos to you for having your own identity!:cool:

·
pixel pusher
1,059 Posts
I've got a plug in mine - I used to have the vase with nothing in it, but I found the perfect bit of black plastic and have never looked back.

The flower is on my mantlepiece above our fire.

Cheers, paul

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Moviequill said:
I love how some people don't recognize tongue firmly planted in cheek...
Maybe it shoulda been a flower instead of a 'tonque'. ;)

1 - 20 of 114 Posts