NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been wanting a real digi camera for years and last Christmas I finally got the oppertunity to do just that. Here is what I bought myself. I am absolutly thrilled with it and have yet to find a circumstance that it can't compete in. I haven't touched my Nikon F100 since I got it (literly) and am extremly tempted to just put it up on ebay. :D

So I showed you mine, now show me yours ;)





Here is a list of the features that sold me on it.

Lens
• 36 - 432 mm equiv. (12x zoom)
• F2.8 (throughout zoom range)
• MEGA OIS (Mode 1 / Mode 2)
• LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT
• 13 Elements in 8 Groups
• 3 Aspherical Lenses/3 Aspherical Surfaces, 1 ED Lens

Focus
• 1 point, 3 point, 9 point Autofocus
• Spot-focusing
• Single shot or Continuous AF
• Switcheable focus trigger
• Manual Focus(Ring)
• 5cm macro mode (Wide), 200cm (Tele)

Shooting mode
• Program (with shift)
• Aperture Priority
• Shutter Priority
• Manual
• Macro
• Moving Image
• Portrait
• Sports
• Landscape
• Night Landscape
• Panning
• Night Portrait
• Fireworks
• Party
• Snow
• AE compensation -2.0EV to +2.0 EV in 1/3EV steps
• Auto bracketing
 

·
Write it like it's hot!
Joined
·
2,556 Posts
Nice!

I've got the Canon EOS Rebel
Digital SLR/ 8 megapixals

Wanting to buy a couple more lenses for it soon.
 

·
Just because!
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
Ooo Ooo! I know the answer to this one!


I have been a Nikon shooter for about 12 years now, no regrets.

My current kit includes the Nikon D100 with MB-100 vertical grip. I can't live without a vertical grip. It balances the camera really well.

My main lenses are, in order of my favorites: (left to right seen below)

Nikon 80-200 f2.8 ED-IF
Tamron 28-75 f1.8 XR DI
Nikon 18-35 f3.5-f4.5 ED-IF
Tamron 200-400 f/5.6 LD IF

See photo's below. These are not pics of my actual rig, because it's tough to shoot the camera body without having another body.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jdesigns said:
Ooo Ooo! I know the answer to this one!


I have been a Nikon shooter for about 12 years now, no regrets.

My current kit includes the Nikon D100 with MB-100 vertical grip. I can't live without a vertical grip. It balances the camera really well.

My main lenses are, in order of my favorites: (left to right seen below)

Nikon 80-200 f2.8 ED-IF
Tamron 28-75 f1.8 XR DI
Nikon 18-35 f3.5-f4.5 ED-IF
Tamron 200-400 f/5.6 LD IF

See photo's below. These are not pics of my actual rig, because it's tough to shoot the camera body without having another body.

Nice... I am a huge Nikon fan (reformed Minolta user) one of these days I will have one of thier digital SLRs but right now I will have to be satisfied with my lil Nikon Coolpix 2500 and DMC-FZ20
 

·
Just because!
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
Fowvay said:
Nice... I am a huge Nikon fan (reformed Minolta user) one of these days I will have one of thier digital SLRs but right now I will have to be satisfied with my lil Nikon Coolpix 2500 and DMC-FZ20

I totally understand the "have to be satisfied with..." part of your quote. It'll be another year or two before I get an updated D-SLR. But, now that I am making a bit of money with my camera, I think the wife will loosen the tight grip she has on my camera "habits" (She is supporting me until I finish school!)

As of this morning, I added that Tamron 200-400mm to my camera bag via eBay and USPS. I needed a longer lens than my 80-200mm (which is roughly equivalent to a 120-300mm lens on the D-SLR) to shoot the college soccer games. I had one of these lenses up until about a year ago when I decided that it was not needed as I wasn't shooting anything that I couldn't just walk closer to. So I sold it on eBay. So now with this lens, I have the equivalent of a 300-600mm f5.6 to shoot soccer with. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jdesigns said:
I totally understand the "have to be satisfied with..." part of your quote. It'll be another year or two before I get an updated D-SLR. But, now that I am making a bit of money with my camera, I think the wife will loosen the tight grip she has on my camera "habits" (She is supporting me until I finish school!)

As of this morning, I added that Tamron 200-400mm to my camera bag via eBay and USPS. I needed a longer lens than my 80-200mm (which is roughly equivalent to a 120-300mm lens on the D-SLR) to shoot the college soccer games. I had one of these lenses up until about a year ago when I decided that it was not needed as I wasn't shooting anything that I couldn't just walk closer to. So I sold it on eBay. So now with this lens, I have the equivalent of a 300-600mm f5.6 to shoot soccer with. :D
I have lust in my Heart for the Nikon D2X.. I am very seriously thinking about selling "Oscar" and buying one... if and only if I can get spending $5000 on a body plus a few grand on lenses past the wife.. :devil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
355 Posts
shoot...

What do I shoot with?
Glock 33....oh, wait you meant cameras?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
355 Posts
Shoot

I see the Desert Eagle and the SPAS, but your 1st pic is a red "X".
Do you own these?
 

·
crank it up, suckers!
Joined
·
5,596 Posts
I guess I can't help much in this discussion. I like film. It's like a longer, floppier flash memory card that you have to wait to see results from. Mine goes in a variety of Pentax bodies.

Since that's not what you were asking, I'll stop now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beetlemania said:
I guess I can't help much in this discussion. I like film. It's like a longer, floppier flash memory card that you have to wait to see results from. Mine goes in a variety of Pentax bodies.

Since that's not what you were asking, I'll stop now.

no no that is exactly what I am asking... and for the record I dig Pentax too. I just hate having to scan pics to post on the net so I am being forcefully converted to the digital world. :(
 

·
Just because!
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
Beetlemania said:
I guess I can't help much in this discussion. I like film. It's like a longer, floppier flash memory card that you have to wait to see results from. Mine goes in a variety of Pentax bodies.

Since that's not what you were asking, I'll stop now.

So just because you shoot film doesnt' mean you can't tell us about your cameras.

Do tell.....NOW! :D
 

·
crank it up, suckers!
Joined
·
5,596 Posts
telling NOW

I used to have a Pentax ZX-7, an automatic SLR with the option of full manual use. But the drive motor went out on that, and it would cost almost as much as a new camera, so I got a new camera.

I went with the ZX-6. A step up, though the number is 1 less. Still an auto SLR with the manual option, and it's been treating me right.

That became my "old" camera when I got a "new" one, a vintage K1000 fully manual. I tend to keep black and white film in that one, just because it feels right. Okay, I cheat a little bit and use the C-41 black and white film. Since I don't have my own dark room, it just makes sense.

I started getting SLRs because of the camera mount I had on my old Tasco refracting telescope. I shot 1 okay picture through it, which didn't turn out very good, so I eventually got a Meade reflecting telescope with a camera mount. That led to my 3rd Pentax body, a Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic II. It's got a threaded lens, as opposed to the quick-connects that fit both the other bodies. It's a shame I've designated this one the telescope's body. That f/1:1.4 50mm makes for a great lens. I suppose it would work well in the conditions I'd be using the telescope in. Maybe I'll get some photos of people looking through the scope, or something like that.

I learned recently that my lenses will fit the new Pentax full 35mm frame CCD digital cameras. I suppose that means it would be easier to move to one of those one of these days. But I'm not holding my breath.
 

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
Joined
·
687 Posts
If we are moving back to cameras, away from weapons ...


I use a Minolta Dimage 7:



I know there are better ones that are newer than this one, but when it was new, it was pretty cool.
 

·
Just because!
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
PhoenixRising said:
woah...

That looks Serious. Is it?
No TJ, that is not serious, this is: Hasselblad H2D DIGITAL CAMERA


It's a 22 megapixel medium format camera. (read: $22000 and includes one lens!) This would be my next step up if I could afford it. And it's not even the biggest or baddest digicam out there!
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top