NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been wanting a real digi camera for years and last Christmas I finally got the oppertunity to do just that. Here is what I bought myself. I am absolutly thrilled with it and have yet to find a circumstance that it can't compete in. I haven't touched my Nikon F100 since I got it (literly) and am extremly tempted to just put it up on ebay. :D

So I showed you mine, now show me yours ;)

Here is a list of the features that sold me on it.

Lens
• 36 - 432 mm equiv. (12x zoom)
• F2.8 (throughout zoom range)
• MEGA OIS (Mode 1 / Mode 2)
• LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT
• 13 Elements in 8 Groups
• 3 Aspherical Lenses/3 Aspherical Surfaces, 1 ED Lens

Focus
• 1 point, 3 point, 9 point Autofocus
• Spot-focusing
• Single shot or Continuous AF
• Switcheable focus trigger
• Manual Focus(Ring)
• 5cm macro mode (Wide), 200cm (Tele)

Shooting mode
• Program (with shift)
• Aperture Priority
• Shutter Priority
• Manual
• Macro
• Moving Image
• Portrait
• Sports
• Landscape
• Night Landscape
• Panning
• Night Portrait
• Fireworks
• Party
• Snow
• AE compensation -2.0EV to +2.0 EV in 1/3EV steps
• Auto bracketing

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
Nice!

I've got the Canon EOS Rebel
Digital SLR/ 8 megapixals

Wanting to buy a couple more lenses for it soon.

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Ooo Ooo! I know the answer to this one!

I have been a Nikon shooter for about 12 years now, no regrets.

My current kit includes the Nikon D100 with MB-100 vertical grip. I can't live without a vertical grip. It balances the camera really well.

My main lenses are, in order of my favorites: (left to right seen below)

Nikon 80-200 f2.8 ED-IF
Tamron 28-75 f1.8 XR DI
Nikon 18-35 f3.5-f4.5 ED-IF
Tamron 200-400 f/5.6 LD IF

See photo's below. These are not pics of my actual rig, because it's tough to shoot the camera body without having another body.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jdesigns said:
Ooo Ooo! I know the answer to this one!

I have been a Nikon shooter for about 12 years now, no regrets.

My current kit includes the Nikon D100 with MB-100 vertical grip. I can't live without a vertical grip. It balances the camera really well.

My main lenses are, in order of my favorites: (left to right seen below)

Nikon 80-200 f2.8 ED-IF
Tamron 28-75 f1.8 XR DI
Nikon 18-35 f3.5-f4.5 ED-IF
Tamron 200-400 f/5.6 LD IF

See photo's below. These are not pics of my actual rig, because it's tough to shoot the camera body without having another body.

Nice... I am a huge Nikon fan (reformed Minolta user) one of these days I will have one of thier digital SLRs but right now I will have to be satisfied with my lil Nikon Coolpix 2500 and DMC-FZ20

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Fowvay said:
Nice... I am a huge Nikon fan (reformed Minolta user) one of these days I will have one of thier digital SLRs but right now I will have to be satisfied with my lil Nikon Coolpix 2500 and DMC-FZ20

I totally understand the "have to be satisfied with..." part of your quote. It'll be another year or two before I get an updated D-SLR. But, now that I am making a bit of money with my camera, I think the wife will loosen the tight grip she has on my camera "habits" (She is supporting me until I finish school!)

As of this morning, I added that Tamron 200-400mm to my camera bag via eBay and USPS. I needed a longer lens than my 80-200mm (which is roughly equivalent to a 120-300mm lens on the D-SLR) to shoot the college soccer games. I had one of these lenses up until about a year ago when I decided that it was not needed as I wasn't shooting anything that I couldn't just walk closer to. So I sold it on eBay. So now with this lens, I have the equivalent of a 300-600mm f5.6 to shoot soccer with. :D

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jdesigns said:
I totally understand the "have to be satisfied with..." part of your quote. It'll be another year or two before I get an updated D-SLR. But, now that I am making a bit of money with my camera, I think the wife will loosen the tight grip she has on my camera "habits" (She is supporting me until I finish school!)

As of this morning, I added that Tamron 200-400mm to my camera bag via eBay and USPS. I needed a longer lens than my 80-200mm (which is roughly equivalent to a 120-300mm lens on the D-SLR) to shoot the college soccer games. I had one of these lenses up until about a year ago when I decided that it was not needed as I wasn't shooting anything that I couldn't just walk closer to. So I sold it on eBay. So now with this lens, I have the equivalent of a 300-600mm f5.6 to shoot soccer with. :D
I have lust in my Heart for the Nikon D2X.. I am very seriously thinking about selling "Oscar" and buying one... if and only if I can get spending $5000 on a body plus a few grand on lenses past the wife.. :devil:

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
shoot...

What do I shoot with?
Glock 33....oh, wait you meant cameras?

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Shoot

I see the Desert Eagle and the SPAS, but your 1st pic is a red "X".
Do you own these?

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
I guess I can't help much in this discussion. I like film. It's like a longer, floppier flash memory card that you have to wait to see results from. Mine goes in a variety of Pentax bodies.

Since that's not what you were asking, I'll stop now.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beetlemania said:
I guess I can't help much in this discussion. I like film. It's like a longer, floppier flash memory card that you have to wait to see results from. Mine goes in a variety of Pentax bodies.

no no that is exactly what I am asking... and for the record I dig Pentax too. I just hate having to scan pics to post on the net so I am being forcefully converted to the digital world. :(

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Beetlemania said:

So just because you shoot film doesnt' mean you can't tell us about your cameras.

Do tell.....NOW! :D

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
telling NOW

I used to have a Pentax ZX-7, an automatic SLR with the option of full manual use. But the drive motor went out on that, and it would cost almost as much as a new camera, so I got a new camera.

I went with the ZX-6. A step up, though the number is 1 less. Still an auto SLR with the manual option, and it's been treating me right.

That became my "old" camera when I got a "new" one, a vintage K1000 fully manual. I tend to keep black and white film in that one, just because it feels right. Okay, I cheat a little bit and use the C-41 black and white film. Since I don't have my own dark room, it just makes sense.

I started getting SLRs because of the camera mount I had on my old Tasco refracting telescope. I shot 1 okay picture through it, which didn't turn out very good, so I eventually got a Meade reflecting telescope with a camera mount. That led to my 3rd Pentax body, a Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic II. It's got a threaded lens, as opposed to the quick-connects that fit both the other bodies. It's a shame I've designated this one the telescope's body. That f/1:1.4 50mm makes for a great lens. I suppose it would work well in the conditions I'd be using the telescope in. Maybe I'll get some photos of people looking through the scope, or something like that.

I learned recently that my lenses will fit the new Pentax full 35mm frame CCD digital cameras. I suppose that means it would be easier to move to one of those one of these days. But I'm not holding my breath.

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
If we are moving back to cameras, away from weapons ...

I use a Minolta Dimage 7:

I know there are better ones that are newer than this one, but when it was new, it was pretty cool.

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
PhoenixRising said:
woah...

That looks Serious. Is it?
No TJ, that is not serious, this is: Hasselblad H2D DIGITAL CAMERA

It's a 22 megapixel medium format camera. (read: $22000 and includes one lens!) This would be my next step up if I could afford it. And it's not even the biggest or baddest digicam out there!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts