NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wonder what kind of bags, cases etc you all keep your camera equipment in. :)

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Mine goes in a Lowepro Photo Trekker Classic Backpack when I am going somewhere that I might need all my equipment.

But if I am going somewhere with only a few lenses, I use my Tamrac something-or-other bag that I have had for many years.

My Tamron 200-400mm lens has it's own Lowepro Case 3.

:D

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Christine has a Tamrac backpack bag that she has her camera in. I'll have to find something nice for my D50 when I get it :D

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
squeebug said:
Christine has a Tamrac backpack bag that she has her camera in. I'll have to find something nice for my D50 when I get it :D
You sound like you know what you are looking for, but I'll throw my $.02 in here for those that don't.

I recommend a bad that is small enough to take anywhere. What good is a camera if you don't want to carry it around because the bag is too big.

Make sure the camera is easily accessable. My small bag doesn't have a lot of space, so my camera body with a mounted Tamron XR Di 28-75mm lens, gets put in on it's back with lens pointing up. It's not simple to grab it and start shooting quickly. But, the small bag usually carrries around my Nikon D100 with MB-D100 vertical grip attached, Nikon SB-26 Flash, Nikon 80-200 f2.8, Nikon 18-35mm f3.5.4.5, SC-17 cord, about a dozen AA batteries for the flash, Sekonic L-358 flash/light meter, several compact flash cards, lens hoods for all 3 of the lenses, USB and a Video cord.

If you shoot outside where there is a possibility of rain, make sure there are flaps that cover the zippers to keep as much water out as possible.

Something else that is tough to do is to get a bag that doesn't look like a camera bag. A thief will quickly hone in on a camera bag, and it could disappear in a flash. (Pun intended!) :p

Let us know what you end up getting Brian.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts