NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
Part time student (that is changing tho - slowly)/Full time slacker. No ... really.

I am a Media Arts & Animation student at Art Institute of Colorado. I wanna be an animator! Preferably 3D - Pixar, Dreamworks, my own company. ... Right now however, I go to school about 12 hours a week (gonna be 16 hours/week in January). And, I make posters/brochures/web design (kinda) at NOAA/PSD (formerly known as NOAA/ETL). I dont like my job tho.

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
I am in the insurance business as an independent insurance agency owner and an insurance cluster organization part-owner. I use quality insurance carriers to protect New Beetles, other vehicles, their homes, and businesses (including their workers) that bring home the bacon that pay the bills. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Telecommunications Installation and Maintenance since 1966. Started with G.E.E.I.A. and have spent the last 17 years installing and maintaining internal communications for Pacific Bell (or whatever it is now.)

·
5/23/10 <3
10,967 Posts
speedie said:
Wildlife Biologist in central Texas. I study birds, bats, carnivores, and I manage their habitats and cave ecosystems.
Wow...thats really cool. I would love a job like that. I'm into conservation of habitats and wildlife.

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
Chief Quality Officer at a hospital. In charge of all matters pertaining to healthcare quality. Federal and State compliance and JCAHO compliance.
At night I become a paramedic with the local EMS. It's the only way I can keep my hands in the clinical end of healthcare now.
Love my job. Kind of disillusioned with the company right now.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
independent poodle sweater knitter. no seriously...

i am a marketing sales coordinator for a copier and networking company in the midwest. we're a mid-sized, family-owned business that sells printers, copiers and technology services. i mostly surf the web and wait for projects to work on. :D

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Musician here.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I work for Activision, making games at one of thier studios.

My title changes with every project - I've been credited as an Environmental Artist, Lead Level Designer (Multiplayer), Builder, and now Senior Builder. It all means that I get paid to sit around thinking up ways for people to have fun (hopefully), and then I build the world they will have fun in.

Yes, it is a sweet gig. No matter what horror stories you may have heard about the game dev biz (and I can tell you from first-hand experience that many of those stories are true), it is a sweet, sweet gig. Even after 3 years, I still have to pinch myself sometimes. :)

I'm the luckiest boy in the world!

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
I work for a large multinational computer corporation.

Basically a cog in the machine.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
I'm your friendly fraud investigator with Home Depot Credit Services. ;) So if we call you to check up, don't gripe. :D

Oh, also a full-time college student.

-Des

·
Focus twice, shoot once
634 Posts
Since July of '05

Mural artist
portrait artist
photographer
set designer
prop builder
co-teacher
calligraphy instructor
choir member
taxi driver for
band student
art student
VW repair person:D
and
CSM Army Wife

I know there is more, but I'll spare you the details.

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
Well, I can't tell you exactly what I do at the bank, but I can say, "I don't go home until everything is done". Would you like us to go home before the deposit you made today is processed? I didn't think so...... :D (tonight, I got home after midnight...... :eek: )

Bill is a electrician foreman, and his company is currently subcontracting a project at an Intel facility in Hillsboro, Oregon.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
inbound sales for Bellsouth.... although at the moment I'm "team lead" for a new class coming through training. Preparing the next wave of people to explain your phone bill to you.... :)

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
By day i am "Assistant Manager of Revenue Enhancement" also known as an accounts receivable rep and 2nd in command for my department. My company does billing for ER and House physicians at hospitals as well as a few private practices and clinics in North Jersey and Marian County, PA. We did some stuff nationally for a while, but no longer. I handle patient disputes and follow up on health insurance claims. I sit in a cubicle for 8 hours listening to XM and trying hard to do as little as possible so that i always have something to do. So yeah, i know how to get medical bills paid. Doing this crap for 6 years and started out as a file clerk temp.

By night i do medical coding for one of my company's radiology groups. Been doing this about 2 years. I suck at it, but as long as they pay me i will continue doing it.

Can you smell the excitement in my life??

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Wow, this is really boring after all those interesting jobs listed above... but, it's what I do.

I work in our school's administration office in the afternoon. In the morning I'm the high school librarian.

Only interesting thing I have to tell is that our high school is underground, built with some government fund help back when they thought we all needed a nuclear-attack shelter. Closest we come to that use is that it serves as the county's tornado shelter... they open it up and everybody in town shows up with their dog or cat or both...gets wilder in there than the weather, usually!:eek5:

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
unitool said:
I work for Activision, making games at one of thier studios.

My title changes with every project - I've been credited as an Environmental Artist, Lead Level Designer (Multiplayer), Builder, and now Senior Builder. It all means that I get paid to sit around thinking up ways for people to have fun (hopefully), and then I build the world they will have fun in.

Yes, it is a sweet gig. No matter what horror stories you may have heard about the game dev biz (and I can tell you from first-hand experience that many of those stories are true), it is a sweet, sweet gig. Even after 3 years, I still have to pinch myself sometimes. :)

I'm the luckiest boy in the world!
Huh,

The Hubster did all the voice recording for Activion's new Orange County Chopper Game.

Small world. ;)

21 - 40 of 106 Posts