NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! This is a really general question just because I want to know a starting point and figure out what is and isn't possible. I want to turbocharge my bug but I'm not sure where to start or what's possible. Time, money and labor are all not a concern, I just want to get some ideas and opinions. What is and isn't possible for my bug? Thanks!

·
Registered
555 Posts

I’m not much for tuning but Malone and several others are available. Just do a search over there for tune and you should have plenty to read and think about.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,010 Posts
Hi! This is a really general question just because I want to know a starting point and figure out what is and isn't possible. I want to turbocharge my bug but I'm not sure where to start or what's possible. Time, money and labor are all not a concern, I just want to get some ideas and opinions. What is and isn't possible for my bug? Thanks!
If you have a 1.9L motor, you have a diesel and its already turbocharged. But yes, as stated, check over at TDIClub. Lots of great information on performance mods on these engines.

·
Registered
555 Posts
If you feel like the engine is a dog, maybe your turbo is not working. Do you have any way to monitor boost? Vcds or another obd plug-in monitoring device of some kind? I have an ultragauge that makes my phone a mini dashboard that I monitor all kinds of things with. Boost, coolant temp, MAF, MAP, speed rpm etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts