NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
-disabled seatbelt light (airbag issue with the 03 seats in my 05)
-cleared codes for mad people
-reprogrammed my alarm to act the way i want it to

too much to really list...i'm always tinkering with it.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Before I got mine, Reuben (pittbug) used his to diagnose a bad temp sensor. So I spent $4.50 to replace it, rather than pay the dealer at probably $100 to diagnose, replace. :)

Once I got mine, I've done the following:

1. Reprogrammed the lock feature to unlock all doors when I push the button on the remote (instead of having to hit twice to unlock all doors)
  2. Cleared a reocurring code for the secondary air injection system. Seem to get that once every year or so
  3. Helped a guy who found me on the vag-com list to read the codes on his Passat
  4. Helped a local guy who thought he must have a code (no CEL), cause his car wasn't running real well. Turned out, no codes. But a nice afternoon chatting about VWs out of it
  5. Helped another dude change some settings after he turbo'd and chipped his VR6. Spent the afternoon driving around, changing settings, trying to get rid of problems. Turns out, the chip tuner gave him the wrong chip

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
Reprogrammed my seatbelt warning.
Reconfigured my head unit to recognize CD changer, Thus recognizing my USA spec iPod adapter.
Generally just tinkering with things so I will be fimiliar with it when I have a real problem.

·
wasting my time in Cancun
308 Posts
i drive a 2.0 stick with 42000 miles with all the services made at VW dealer and i only get 186 miles in a full tank of 14.5 gallons...
please i have the vagcom and a program call REVO is it anyway that i can do a performance in my car managing some values or ECU to do better gas?? help me up!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts