VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this horn/tea pot type sound coming from my car. I have had no luck finding out which hose was the culprit. Now I know. Attached are two photos that are making the sound. Can someone tell me what part this is and is it easy to replace as far as DIY.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
5/23/10 <3
11,357 Posts
Not code for the CEL, but engine code. There are different codes for the engines. APH is one of them for 1.8T. My 2.0L is an AEG, for example.

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
No Code. I just can hear and see the crack in the hose.
If you see a crack in the hose, replace it! I'm not 100% sure, but i think that one is also in charge of interior heat too... not 100% sure for the Vw, but it looks 99% like the one from my old Honda.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My brain may not be working so I apologize. I have a 1.8T, if that is what you are asking. Sorry again if this isn't what you are asking for.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
My brain may not be working so I apologize. I have a 1.8T, if that is what you are asking. Sorry again if this isn't what you are asking for.
The 1.8T has the following Engine Codes APH (I have this one), AWV and AWP. The part number may or may not be the same for all of them. I can look at mine and see if any numbers are still readable.

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
The 1.8T has the following Engine Codes APH (I have this one), AWV and AWP. The part number may or may not be the same for all of them. I can look at mine and see if any numbers are still readable.
That part looks exactly the same as my AWV, but that one looks plastic where mine is rubber

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
He was asking for your engine code...

Go to your car, open the trunk, and on under the carpet behind the rear pasenger seat, (about 11'oclock from the spare tire) on a flat part is a sticker. Somewhere on that sticker will have your engine code

1 - 12 of 12 Posts