NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got both headlight's painted, and was able to get this far on shaving the front badge off. Plus I painted the mudflaps and will be putting them on in a few minutes. It's getting there.

·
What The FudgeCake?
710 Posts
why did you shave? Now no one will know its a volkswagen!

Besides you can totally see the paint difference. I like the headlights though!

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whitacre said:
why did you shave? Now no one will know its a volkswagen!

Besides you can totally see the paint difference. I like the headlights though!
I don't think a beetle has ever gone without someone knowing what it is or who made it.:) :)

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Red Rider said:
Looking good-i like the shaved emblem-mine will be done soon.

Did yo get your rear mattig spoiler painted.
Yes and no,its painted but totally honyocked Gotta do a complete wet sand perfectly smooth and paint on a warmer day.:( Good news is the paint is a perfect match and only $15.00 a can 2 miles away.

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Red Rider said:
Looking good-i like the shaved emblem-mine will be done soon.

Did yo get your rear mattig spoiler painted.
Dude it was so easy to do the emblem. I peeled it off with my bare hands, actually it kinda fell off in my hands roughed up the hole with #220 grit use a 6" plastic squeegee fill it in flush let it dry 1/2 hour sand any excess off do another coat wait maybe an hour sand it flush put one final coat on let dry an hour sand smooth and prime. The reason it took me 11 hours total time is because as I tried to blend the paint into the old I kept hitting wax and it would fisheye bad. Finally wet sanded back away from the area then after clearing about 6 times I rubbed the clear and the original clear until they blended together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts