NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry to put a "whats it worth" thread on here, but wasn't really sure where else to put it and get good info. Anyway, I have a '99 New Beetle with a 1.8 turbo that was wrecked and I am parting out. I was wondering what the complete induction set-up (maybe the ecu as well to make it a complete deal) would be worth? Or if it is not going to be worth any mroe than just parting each bit out as requested...such as just the turbo or intake or intercooler, etc. Just trying to figure out the best route for this part out as I have less experience with these cars as I do others and can't afford to be stuck with half the parts that are not desireable to anyone to sell as I need to maximize this part out due to what I am already losing in the car if you know what I mean. I still want to be reasonable on all prices, I just don't want to sell certain parts off that make other useless and ultimately lose more on the whole deal. Any help would be appreciated from those who know better than I on this car :) Thanks.

·
2,646 Posts
Hate to be negative, but not much at all really. If someone needs a stock replacement turbo and yours is good maybe $150 or so. The intercoolers are a dime a dozen, many floating around due to peeps upgrading so you'd have to find someone who needs one due to an accident. The rest of the stuff is not something that peeps typically need or that goes bad. Sorry.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
You'd probably be better off selling the engine/trans/turbo setup/ecu together if the engine/trans is still good. earlier VW owners (mk1, mk2) like to do engine swaps and a 1.8T is a decently common one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No need to be sorry about it :p That's why I'm asking you guys as you know more about whats common and desireable than I do with these particular cars. I have no problem selling the complete engine/ecu and trans. I was just concerned the engine is damaged due to the nature of the accident. It hit a telephone pole and could very well have gotten into the motor. That is really the only reason i was asking about just the induction system...but you make a good point. Is the MK1/MK2 1.8 motors compatable with this intake off the newer 1.8T motors? Bolt patterns the same? Or do they just swap the whole motor/trans/ecu in? I appreciate the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts