VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2008 vw new beetle convertible and there are wacky things going on in the comfort system such as:

1 Driver window does not operate up or down with any of the switches (I do not hear the window motor)

2 The 3 other windows will go down when the individual switches on the driver's side are pressed down or lifted up
3 The passenger side window will operate correctly using the passenger side switch
4 The main window switch will operate all the windows correctly EXCEPT for the Drivers side which does not function

5 Passenger side lock switch operates and locks all doors
6 Driver side lock switch does open the 2 doors but will not lock them
7 Key remote will not lock the doors but it will open them

8 When locking the door manually with the key…alarm led goes on but no beep
9 Inside mirror will not shut off on after the doors are closed
10 Outdoor power mirrors do not operate (adjust).

11 Switch lights do go on when the headlights are turned on
So wHat is going on with items with the comfort system in my 2008 vw new beetle convertible. What can be making these things happen?... Can it be the central control module of the door motor module...something else? I will most likely be taking the car in to vw but I like to get a heads up on probable causes...I am pretty good at troubleshooting problems but I do not have the proper tools/meters/ scanners etc to make an attempt.... any thoughts on the matter will be helpful...thanks...

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
I would scan the car for trouble codes with a VW compatible scanner; get a Vgate VS450 off of amazon.com or go full factory level scanner with VCDS from Ross Tech.

I'm wondering; if your drivers side door latch or wiring issues in the door wiring harness, are causing the problem? :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... I was thinking also that the harness could have a problem, but I was not sure....I guess I have to check the harness for continuity.... Where do you think would be the best place to start?

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
The classic area; is the portion of the harness that goes from the body to the door, it is protected by a accordion looking rubber protective sheath. Many here; have found broken wires in that portion of the harness, because of how the wires are bent and stressed by opening, closing the doors. Otherwise; pull the door panel and inspect everything for damage.; test for power and continuity and go from there.... Swapping switches to the known good passenger side, is a easy way to rule them out as wel...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put the top down on my 03 Beetle I left the key on kill the battery I jump-started now the top won't go up what is my problem I've never had it before

1 - 6 of 6 Posts