NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 convertible, and on the driver side door are the buttons for opening the trunk and the gas cover. to the left of those buttons is a spot to put the vehicles key into. What is that for? I've turned it with the key in it and nothing seems to be happening. I looked in the manual and didn't see anything about it. Any ideas?

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
it's to make it impossible for someone on the inside of your car to pop the trunk or the fuel door using those two buttons. It's pretty much to "valet-proof" any valuables in the trunk. You can also lock your rear-folding seats to further valet-proof your stuff.

-jd

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
it's to make it impossible for someone on the inside of your car to pop the trunk or the fuel door using those two buttons. It's pretty much to "valet-proof" any valuables in the trunk. You can also lock your rear-folding seats to further valet-proof your stuff.

-jd
the rear seat doesn't fold down in the NBC's . My 04 it only locked the trunk, I was still able to use the fuel door .

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
oh yea, they did say vert. well i got part of it right.

-jd

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts