NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend to me a good, but cheap or free photo shrinking software? I have some pics I want to post, but they are too large! I found a myriad of programs on Google, but I have no idea how to tell the good ones from the bad ones. Thanks!

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Check out Picasa from Google.

While I don't use Picasa as I am a Photoshop user for many years now, my father and several members here on the Org use Picasa and are very happy with the results.

It's free so you can't really go wrong with it! :cool:

Let us know what you think of it if you decide to try it! :D

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
There's also a free Powertoy from Microsoft called *image resizer* - can be found on this page (if not at Microsoft website search for powertoy)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

I use this when I want to post images here on the org - shows up as an option in windows explorer when you right-click (select) the file - copies to another picture/file and renames so you can see it's the smaller/copied pic file.

Good luck!

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I jst posted some pics today and i used the MS Powertoy resizer (coincidentally) and it's quite effective to covert a poopload of pics at once. Just right click, select an size, done. The downside is you can't select a specific size.

I use Irfanview as well. It allows you to select any size you want.

Now if i can just get a free copy of Photoshop i'll be all set.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I just downloaded Picassa from Google (thanks, jdesigns), and it works great. You can select the size of the photos, it's free, and best of all, even a computer-illiterate dummy like me can use it!

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
EVZBUG said:
Well, I just downloaded Picassa from Google (thanks, jdesigns), and it works great. You can select the size of the photos, it's free, and best of all, even a computer-illiterate dummy like me can use it!
Right on! :goodjob:

You are welcome! Glad I could help! :wave3:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The document scanner at my optometry school doesn't do justice to my Leicas, so I just started to have my film scanned onto CD, and the quality is outstanding!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts