NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is scared to death to drive her '06 New Beetle in any water over a few inches deep when it rains. What's the deepest anyone has driven in without damage to the engine?:confused: Thanks....Michael P.

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
:D Hi there! Welcome to the .org!

I have driven in probably a foot of water. Of course, this is without much slowing since that will allow for water to evidentally rush in ... I didnt know there was a foot of water on the road... there was a lower part of the road that I didnt know about. It was during a rain/hail storm ... long story. *heh* ... ends up with me getting lost.

Zoomer actually likes 'puddles' and we seek them out during the summer when he is dirty. :p

I really suppose you should worry if you are stopped in a puddle of water. It could flood something ... but, driving through one ... I doubt it will hurt ya!

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
the airbox intake is above the driver's wheel in the fender. in theory, she can be in water up to the top of the tires.

·
Audiophile
74 Posts
i've driven in water 8 inches deep more times then i can count. by my mothers house there is a little 3 way intersection with stopsigns and the biz. its a low spot and it collects alot of water when it storms so late at night when theres nobody around i turn on the foglights, get going about 40-50 and plow into it. water goes everywhere and its lit up by the foglights... looks awesome

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
I avoid deep water like the plague. But, so far, when I accidently drive threough deep puddles, everything is OK. I hit the brakes, to dry them out and also test them. A-OK, every time!

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
My driving through the foot of water was a pure accident. I couldnt even see the road to turn around if I wanted to. :( Muddy ... very muddy.

However, the other 'puddles' I go to are usually very shallow and I only drive through them to get a good splash. Mmmm ... I miss splashing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts