NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the most functional spoiler available from this site
1999 Volkswagen Beetle Spoiler, Spoilers

i think this one may be the most functional but may look a bit ricer and i would have to get it painted on my own. if its more functional ill get it regardless of how it looks.
Extreme Dimensions® - JDM Buddy Wings, 2 Pcs. - 1999 Volkswagen Beetle Body Kit

I got the idea from this site.
MAX-MPG TECHNOLOGY

looks like all the other spoilers would provide down force but that this spoiler through its wings would help keep the car more stable it seems. Also what would be any of the benefits from the roof spoiler?

thoughts ideas? i dont car about looks and dont want to make my own. also price doesnt matter (in regards to those shown on the site)

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Spoilers on NB's are for esthetics. They are only functional on race cars that have the speed to incur down force. Buy the one YOU think look's the best.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I.M.O.....if your trying for mileage instead of looks, remember to take the weight of the spoiler into consideration.
I see your a T.D.I... Have you searched any of their forums?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that at high speeds it would be when its functional. I hit high speeds of over 100mph rather frequently and have hit 137mph. At those speeds even small steering inputs feel slightly unstable. i do plan on light autocrossing and really plan on road racing(for fun). The original audi TTs did not come with spoilers and at autobahn speeds rapid lane changes would cause the TT to become unstable enough for the driver to lose control and crash. i just want stabability, i know all the spoilers will add some down force.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts