NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
endlsskys
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I noticed a plastic part on my beetle that is under my car under the engine. Can anyone help on what it is called and were i can find one. I am trying to get my car back in tip top shape but I don't know the names. Or if anyone has a list of parts that has the names of all exterior and interior parts would be very helpful in my search. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I believe you are talking about the belly pan. It's a part of a plastic system to keep dust and debris out of the belts/engine area. I think there are 4 total: 2 side engine guards, a front lip that attaches to the valance (covering the oil filter), and one that covers the oil pan. I don't have the one on my oil pan, as I think it's just an annoyance to remove to change my oil. I do have the side guards on the engine and the little lip one that covers my oil filter. I think the two side guards + the big belly pan is like $140 something at the deal ($67 I recall for just one of those panels)... way too much, if you ask me. I only have them because I had a run-in with a semi tire on the interstate, and the repair shop ordered the guards for me because they thought my GL came with them and lost them in the wreck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts