NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I'm new to the forum. My daughter has a 2007 VW Beetle Convertible 2.5 L. She was hit in the front end side and it tore the bumper cover and all the lights off. Insurance didn't cover so i am repairing myself. I have identified the connectors/wires for the headlights, running lights, fog lights, turn signals, and the ambient temp sensor.

However....

There is a 2 prong connector (1J0973702) that shares the same wire housing/wire loom as the front drivers side impact sensor.

The passenger side impact sensor does not have this connector coming out of the wire loom.

any ideas what it is for?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.... but i already identified the ambient temperature sensor - it's actually still connected to it's connector.

What's driving me crazy is that i have identified all the light connectors (turn signals, running lights, fog lights) so there all accounted for.

And this connector wire is very short and not near where the light connectors are - so short and there is nothing around that it would connect to.... Driving me crazy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow - great site. This will help me out a ton for this repair. Thanks. I'm electrically challenged! The wires appear to be orange - or maybe brown - pinkinsh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts