NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning up my Mom's car to sell, a 2003 New Beetle 1.8 Turbo, and I found this thin elastic bungee cord with a hook on each end! It was lying inside the engine compartment, just below the lower edge of the windshield, near the left hood hinge. Neither hook was attached to anything! Just lying there! Could have just slipped in there from the wipers area above, but funny thing is it looks familiar somehow, as if I had noticed it in years past! Please help if you know the answer! Thanks -- Patrick

·
5/23/10 <3
11,093 Posts
That looks just like a regular bungee cord to me. Not something I've ever seen in a VW engine compartment. I bet it was left there and slid into the engine compartment by accident.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Smileybug. You may be right, but what bothered me is that it looked kind of familiar, as if I'd seen it holding down the battery cover or something. And the hooks appear to be stainless steel, kind of high-quality for a regular bungee cord.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jarhead, that helps ease my mind. Just don't want the turbo to fly apart for lack of a bungee cord! Don't know how it would've ended up there, but I'll hang it up on a hook with the other bungee cords in my garage, too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts