VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 4 months after purchase we finally tackled the amp/aftermarket stereo issue. Hubby and the father in law tackled that and got it wired up right. Had to deal with the K-wire too in order to pass smog. We did try the removal of the faceplate I've read about but that didn't work. But that is all fine now.

NOW we are dealing with an a/c issue. Blows hot on the cold setting and hot on the heat setting (but its not as hot when set on a/c. Blend door perhaps? I've already read to test the high pressure switch/sensor. The one that is by the firewall in the passenger side. Well, we went to test it with a multi-meter late this evening and we discovered something just hanging down and for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is. I will attach a photo. If anyone knows what it is and where it should be connected I'd appreciate the info. It comes from the firewall but not attached or connected to anything. We didn't get a chance to test the switch/sensor yet. Couldn't get the cap/connector off and it was getting dark.

But anyway curious as to what this mystery part is. It's a 2002 2.0L Automatic GLS

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's not good if that's what it is...haha. Hmm. Thanks! guess I can do some research on that unless someone else comes up with something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts