NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am aware there are some people who don't go to Church, but for those who do, what is the denomonation of your church, if any,(some people go to non demonanational Church) I go to a Christian church. That is the denomanation of the church. It is very similar to Baptist. My wife also works in the counciling center from the church. We have over 27,000 members, we have 3 weekly services, one on Saturday night, and 2 on Sunday morning. It was extremely hard for me to get used to attending such a large Church. My wife loved it from the first day, but me, it was tough at first. The first Sunday School class we tried had over 200 members and we didn't care for it. Now instead of a class, we go to a neighbors home on Sat night for a cell group or a Bible study group that is connected to the church. I still love the smaller churches and miss it sometimes. What about you???

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
:)My Wife and Daughter and I Attend a United Methodist Church which we have been Members for Some time!

It is a small church, that we love!

JonK

·
Super Moderator
14,719 Posts
I am Catholic, but I never claimed to be a good one. Both of my children were born out of wedlock, and I do not attend services. I am kinda mad at God, for reasons that do not need to be divulged here. :anon:

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I'm Baptist.

Never really dug into the differences between the different denominations, I'm not a stickler for the details though. And to be honest, I only go a few times a year. I'm up from the Easter/Christmas crowd, but not by much. Probably 7 times a year right now. I've been more active in the past, just not at this point in my walk.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
I'm Roman Catholic

·
Super Moderator
5,338 Posts
I'm also Roman Catholic however I only go to chruch when ever I am visiting my grandparents. I do a few things such as Lent but other wise I'm on God's poop list.

·
33 &#8531;
15,621 Posts
Very funny. Seriously, does anyone know the difference?
Yes. The Roman Catholics believe they are the 'one holy and apostolic church' as in they are the church that Saint Peter founded by direct decree from Jesus Christ. The Catholic church is not as strict with that belief, and tend to be more liberal. You could say that the Catholics are more American in style.

Both have the Pope over them.

·
Probably MIA
2,799 Posts
Baptist here. Not THAT kind of Baptist though. I'm the Minnesota, Swedish Lutheran-lite kind of Baptist. We don't dance, we don't sing...and we definitely don't recognize each other in the liquor store. ;) Very stoic and reserved is the name of the game. My faith and religion is very private and I do not wear it on my sleeve. I do not judge others or how they choose to live their lives. My faith does not involve politics, and I do not want politics in my faith.

The church I grew up in is very small (probably less than 200 members), unfortunately it has started to grow and change in recent years...and not necessarily for the better. Fortunately the pastor I grew up with is still there...and he is exceptionally good. I now live about 60 miles away, so I do not get there as much as I want.

My wife (who grew up Lutheran) and I are having some difficulties finding a church closer to home. We live in an area that is about 99% Catholic, and the rest of the churches are entirely too large and too political for my tastes. I refuse to go to a church where the filth of politics and judgment dominates the sermon and congregation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts