NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2002 beetle turbo s,1.8l HO turbo engine,6 speed trans. I was wondering what would be the first few mods I should do to improve performance, thanks

·
Boogety Boogety
413 Posts
I just bought a 2002 beetle turbo s,1.8l HO turbo engine,6 speed trans. I was wondering what would be the first few mods I should do to improve performance, thanks
Decals, and neon lights underneath. Best bang for the buck. Oh, and lower it. What kind of oil are you using? ;)

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Have it remapped or chipped. But stay away from the ebay chips that say they do the same. +50 BHP

Install an Hybrid Turbo +50 BHP

That ought to do for now.

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im ok on the decals and lights, i'll check out the chips though thanks, what about a new BOV or upgrade exaust, downpipe ect..

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have the same question as you lol. i went out and bought an AEM Dry Flow cone, but i only attached it to my stock air box hose. K&N is an oiled air filter and if you just put the cone on the oil tends to screw with the intake injectors or whatever they are called lol. but i am in the same boat as you atm

·
Registered
42 Posts
i looked into apr, i called about 2 hours ago. i can get a stage 1 tune for 500 bucks. i wanted to get a custom exhaust also but not sure if i should get tune before or after the exhaust...

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
i looked into apr, i called about 2 hours ago. i can get a stage 1 tune for 500 bucks. i wanted to get a custom exhaust also but not sure if i should get tune before or after the exhaust...
The exhaust will not matter that much in regards of getting a tune done. The tune will be the one and most effective way to increase performance significantly. I would get the tune first and than do other mods later. But you will find there is no other mod that will change the performance of your 1.8 as drastically as a tune. Also $500 bucks is way too high. Check into REVO, they lowered their prices on all their 1.8 engine tunes by over a 100 bucks. You can get a Quality Stage 1 tune for less than 400. I have the Revo tune on my 2 Audi TT's and now my 2000 Beetle and I don't regret going REVO over APR. I am sure they do pretty much the same thing only REVO does it a lot cheaper. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts