NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a really nice 2001 GLX. There is a very small black module attached to the bottom of the dash just in front of the rear spoiler switch - obviously an add-on. It has a green LED on the front which only comes on when the ignition is on. There is a tiny metal two-position toggle switch on the back of it - the light flashes when it is in the down position and is steady in the up position. There are three wires (yellow, orange, red) going up under the dash. I have not had time to get into it and find out where the wires go. Does anyone have any idea what this might be?
Thanks,
juice:confused:

·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Havent been able to get the wife out of the car long enough for me to try it out while moving. It doesn't change anything while at idle.

·
I love my family!
2,887 Posts
Duh! You have the rare and elusive "Back to the Future Edition" Beetle, and that little black box is the Flux Capacitor. Just be careful at 88 m.p.h. , I here it has some serious kick!:guitar:

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Oyveychris said:
Duh! You have the rare and elusive "Back to the Future Edition" Beetle, and that little black box is the Flux Capacitor. Just be careful at 88 m.p.h. , I here it has some serious kick!:guitar:
Very rare indeed :lol:

·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm. Could be that, I guess. However, this is a two-position switch with three wires - not exctly what is described in the link. Plus, there is that blinking LED. I'm going to get in there this weekend and find out where the wires go.
Thanks, sb_beetle.
juice

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
it could be an aftermarket alarm.

jd

·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK. Figured out that this is a Karr shock sensor hooked-up to the factory alarm. The switch is on/off. And the light is on when the ignition is off, not on. Doh!
Will be chipping this baby soon - probably an Upsolute with remote.
juice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts