NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, 02 1.8 with NO problems, car got towed from the front, (parked in wrong spot), sat for a week, alarm made the battery die, picked it up and they had to jump it.... NOW cel light on car sounds like it on 3 cyl. only at idle, loud hiss noise, brake pedal is so freekin tight i had to stand on the pedal to try to stop, the brake pedal only goes down a half inch, wtf...just made it home will get it scaned tomorrow, but if any one is familar please help.....

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Probably the vacuum hose has come off the brake booster causing a large vacuum leak. This would explain the hissing noise, rough running and lack of power brakes. I believe that on the 1.8 there is a vacuum booster as well (for the turbo) that could be the problem.

You should get it scanned and see what the codes are.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the vacuum hose pop off of the break booster while replacing my clutch.

It is located on the firewall opposite of the steering wheel. It is behind the MAF and air intake to the turbo in the back. The vacuum hose fits into a hole on the front surface toward the mid line of the car.

I was able to insert the hose end into the whole. This resolved my vacuum leak and fixed the breaking issue.

Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts