VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beetle radio died of battery draining. After reading the relevant threads, I checked the fuses for radio first and I did
not see any wrong with the two fuses. So, what next should I check if the fuses work???

Thanks,:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
If the radio died; you could take it apart and look for any onboard melted parts and take a sniff of it, typically when things burnout it smells bad. If you want to continue use your stock head unit; ship it out to a auto audio repair shop and have it rebuilt/repaired. Just Google Volkswagen head unit repairs; there are a lot of companies that offer this type of service.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the Rania died; you could take it apart and look for any onboard melted parts and take a sniff of it, typically when things burnout it smells bad. If you want to continue use your stock head unit; ship it out to a auto audio repair shop and have it rebuilt/repaired. Just Google Volkswagen head unit repairs; there are a lot of companies that offer this type of service.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Did you mean there must be something wrong( part burnt out) inside the radio unit if the fuses still work well???

Is there any possibility for other parts ( say circuit) other
than the unit itself to have failed???:confused:

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Is the head unit totally dead and you checked all the fuses in the fuse box and in the back of the radio? That's the case; I would assume that the unit needs to be repaired. How does the unit smell; do you have any of the acrid electrical/ozone burning smell from the inside of the unit? I haven't messed with mine and it hasn't failed yet; nor have I take one apart but when it comes to electronics i usually visually check things for melting/burned or other damage on the circuit boards, wires, components you can see and check for any smell coming from the unit. Is there anything that would indicate an onboard failure(swelling capacitors, black carbon tracks, melted things, etc.); a weird smell or see anything that looks odd, not normal?.

Google "Volkswagen head unit repair" for some helpful videos and repair services offered by companies on the web.

You might check your local auto junk yard or "breakers" (in british parlance); swap it out and see if the other one works, if it does, you know your unit needs fixing! Then you could use the used unit or swap parts to fix your original one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts