NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going over this weekend to look at a 2000 turbo beetle w/75000mi on it. The lady says it is in perfect condition. She has owned it for 7yrs and it's her (baby). What do i need to look out for since i know nothing about a new beetle? Oh, the price is $3k. and she is holding it till i come look. Car fax says 2 owners and everything else cks out.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,915 Posts
Make sure the timing belt has been changed. Miles may be considered low for that job, but age on the belt would make me want it changed.

Auto or manual transmission?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Mines been pretty much trouble free waterpump went out around 50K replaced under warranty had t-belt changed at same time at my cost for parts. Other than that nothing major just normal wear and tear items. I'm contemplating another t-belt waterpump change soon, would rather have a waterpump with metal impeller than the factory water pump. And mine is a manual. Been fairly trouble free honestly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up car today and everything is like new, Looks and drives great. The girl had it lowered 3in and i want to put it back stock. Is stock springs all i need?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts