NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my beetle last week. It's getting cold so I don't want to use paste wax. Would spray on turtle wax get me enough protection from the potential egg splatter next week and the salt and dirt on the road this winter ?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I use spray "quick wax" for extra protection after I wash my car once a week. But this is in ADDITION to the good paste wax already on the car. Spray wax is not enough protection for your car in the rough winter weather you obviously live in. There simply aren't enough solids in it. If paste rwax is too much work, buy a good liquid wax instead. Both meguiars yellow wax and Mothers similar waxes will work well. If you REALLY want to protect your car with little effort, go to the Griot's Garage website and buy one of the Paint Sealants they offer. It is easy to apply and you will be set, my freind! :D

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I've used Meguire's Next Gen NXT paste wax in pretty cold weather out here in below 50 degree weather with no problems. Just have to make sure I'm putting on a thin coat, which I do in all temps anyway...

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
I like to use Meguiar's Ultimate liquid wax in any weather.. It just takes a little longer for the wax to dry in the cold weather. I'm not sure about the staying power, I typically wax 4 times a year and use a waterless wash/wax and sometimes quick detailer in between. I don't give the wax a chance to disappear lol

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
You know I have tried a lot of waxes over the years but I always go back to Mcguires Cleaner Wax. It's easy to put on and easy to come off. It shines and protects and I love this stuff.

You can usually find it for about 7 or 8 bucks and it works!

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/a1216-cleaner-wax-liquid/
I use that cleaner wax after my spring claybarring and before my Megs Ultimate liquid wax. I do love it.. then again, I am a sucker for detailing products that smell great. it smells like bananas lol. Super easy to apply and remove. So is the Ultimate liquid wax though. I do everything by hand so easy application is a must. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts