NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchase Action Crash 00volbeetle/STL69723U20 to replace damaged OEM steel rim. Garage stated the lug holes were off by 1/2" or so. When I received the wheel, I placed it on top of the old one and it seemed to line up well.

The store I bought them from asked for OEM to properly match as their database indicate this tire should fit the 2000 new beetle GL with 16" steel wheels. Are there multiple OEM wheels for this model year? Anyine know the OEM wheel number or action Crash equivalent? They also offer a tire with U45 suffix - but they both state 5*100mm holes.

·
Registered
867 Posts
A 2000 would use any of the VW MK4 5x100 rims. They come in 15, 16, 17 and 18"

There should be a 16" steel rim in the trunk with the spare.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's my daughters car and she managed to ding both a regular rim and the spare. Ended up having to take a long drive to a boneyard that had a couple of 2000's and was able to get 2 wheels. I am now waiting on an RMA from the on-line retailer I purchased the new rim from. It appears they have inaccurate specs for the wheel I purchased as they have it listed as fitting the 2000 Beetle. I have not measured, but I am assuming the wheel I purchased has 5*112 vs. 5*100 and there are no 2000 Beetles that would use this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts