NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 NB with the stock, NON-monsoon system. I've been researching ways to interface my Delphi XM SKY-Fi without having to use the cassette adapter or FM modulator. I've looked at Blitz-safe(? spelling)and similar patch cords, but would perfer not to run cables from the trunk up to the grab rail mount where the XM is located.
I have also checked out what cruchfield offers, for both cables and aftermarket HU's.
I hear that some of the newer VW HU's have an AUX jack? if this is true and it will be compatible with my car, I'd rather use go that route to retain the stock appearence and operation.
So what years? where is the AUX input located, where can I find one?
Thanks,
Doug

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
2004: Monsoon CD-player units with satellite radio
2005: All

It's in the back of the radio in the same plug assembly as the CD changer. It's in the middle, a two-line affair that runs to underneath the center dash.

-Des

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
The 2006 Monsoon has a 1/8" mini stereo jack under the dash that feeds the AUX input. I think that's what you're looking for, instead of a rear chassis input, right?

I think I remember reading that some 2005.5's have it, too, but can't give you any sources. The sales info VW gave us before we bought the Beeble touted the MP3 player input as a new feature.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input. There is someone on this site selling new factory HU with codes. I have sent some info requests but the feed back hasn't been definitive. anyone here have any dealings with "[email protected]"?
Anyone know where to buy the above suggested '05 HU's or give a price on what to expect for fair market value?

·
Retro-a-go-go
94 Posts
treetopflyer said:
thanks for the input. There is someone on this site selling new factory HU with codes. I have sent some info requests but the feed back hasn't been definitive. anyone here have any dealings with "[email protected]"?
Anyone know where to buy the above suggested '05 HU's or give a price on what to expect for fair market value?
I purchased a Monsoon in-dash CD unit with the SAT button from this individual last month via eBay. Just swapped out my old Monsoon tape unit, put in the radio code and it fired up perfectly, controlling the trunk-mount CD changer and everything. Pressing the CD button once will start a CD playing in the dash (if one is present), pressing it again switches to the CD changer and pressing it a third time switches to the AUX input.

This unit has the ability to support an AUX input but you'll need to run the wires from the connector at the back of the head unit and to a plug connector you mount on/under the dash someplace. I'm hoping to find time to complete this task this week. For now it is operating in CD and CD changer mode just fine though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trainspotter, glad to hear you had good luck with your purchase
Unfortunately, i don't have a monsoon system and understand the HU's will not direct swap into my non-monsoon factory system. If i am wrong please correct me. I'd still like to know if the later model non-monsoon HU's have a aux plug on the face or in the rear of the HU? Vegas style did not clear that up for me.

·
Retro-a-go-go
94 Posts
There are non-Monsoon in-dash CD units with the SAT button that have the exact same capability as I described above. There are pins in the back of the head unit that you would need to wire a plug to just as I described above (i.e. no easy aux input jack in the face of the unit). The vegasstyle seller had some of those as well at the time I made my purchase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any More info on CD AUX Input?

This unit has the ability to support an AUX input but you'll need to run the wires from the connector at the back of the head unit and to a plug connector you mount on/under the dash someplace. I'm hoping to find time to complete this task this week. For now it is operating in CD and CD changer mode just fine though.
Hi there, does anyone have any more information on how to wire up the Aux jack? I also bought a factory indash CD from "[email protected]" and want to use it with my exisitng CD changer, but also enable the aux in minijack feature so I can use my iPod too. I searched the threads but could not find any specific instructions on how to do this.

Does VW offer a P/N that would allow me to just plug in an Aux Mini Jack Input as found on late model cars? Any info is appreciated.

-B

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd love to know this as well. I have a monsoon head unit manufactured 3/5/05 and want to keep the oem changer and add an mp3 line in via the aux input. I'd love to make the sat. radio work as well, but nobody seems to know how to do this, and I'll have to wait until I can find a donor car to grab the wiring, tuner, etc., I guess.

anyway--any help on lighting up the 'aux' input?

thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts