NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all! I wasn't sure where to put this so feel free to flog me if I got it wrong. ;)

I've had my NB for about 3 months now (since June 25th) and I *still* haven't come up with a good name for him yet. I was wondering how long it took everyone to name their Bugs, what their influences were, and what finally made you all decide on those names?

I'm sure something like this has been posted before in the old days, but it'd be interesting to read it all again. :) I've never had a car this long without naming it, so I'm desperate for a bit of inspiration! :D

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
I named my bug on the first day i got it. But in the 2 years, i felt like the name doenst fit anymore. Maybe I named my bug too hastily. Dont worry, it'll tell you it's name wien your ready to listen.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
My bug named himself, really... "Speedy Gonzales!"

I fought that name for a little while 'cause I'm pretty sure it's not original, I think I've seen at least one other Speedy on the .org, but when I tried to call him "Gonzo" it just wouldn't 'stick.'

So Speedy he is :clap:

My apologies to the other Speedy's owner:(

·
2.5L 5 Cyl. killer bunny
575 Posts
I named my SilverBullet...

Why?

It is silver and it's fast. (not as fast as a bullet, but who cares). It just came to me one day. I thought it was a cool name, and when I got my plates for the car, everyone who saw it was like...SilverBullet, Awesome!

:p they thought it had something to do with Coors Light beer.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Don't worry. Be patient. Mine didn't tell me her name for 6 months. Her name is Jewel. I don't particularly like this name, but it's what she wants to be called. She's a diva! :queen:

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
your bug will tell you his/her name in time. I totally mis-sexed my bug, and one day while talking about him... and referring to him as a "she" the alarm went off and then he started drinking oil. I prosed the mechanic, and he said "this car is definetly not a she"... so I renamed him Charlie ;)

·
goth bugg'n
21 Posts
Hi everyone:D Ive had my bug for about 2months and Ive only been able to drive it for one moth because it has spent this last month in the shop!!!:( The dealership i bought it from is in Round Rock(those of you from texas should know)the car was used it really didn't have a warrenty other than the one which is suppose to cover the powertrain on the car was for like 30 days.The car drove fine on the test drive, but after we got it home(we live 125 miles away)I drove it for 2 weeks with out problems, then the clutch started slipping,oh the car has 58,000 miles on it by the way. I take it to a mechanic and he said the fly wheel was screwed too,a week before i took to the dealer they said it was just the clutch and they don't cover the clutch because its not part of the powertrain sooo yea that sucked...so when I try to reach them about the flywheel being out they flat out ignored me!!They wouldn't take my calls, didn't call back, and talked to me for a sec. put me on hold for a eternity!I'm not mad at my bug its not her fault that her previous owner didn't know how to drive a stick..so yea i haven't had enough time around her to learn her name , but im sure my bugs a girl..:curtsey:

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
its ok i dont have on either... i kind do but in offencive to the motherland:(

·
Only the Shadow Knows . .
60 Posts
My NB took over a year to tell me her name by way of the then-boyfriend-now-hubby. Nothing seemed to fit until one morning walking out to the car he said "your car looks like an olive on wheels!" and that was that.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
I have to agree with most everyone here...its what the car wants to be called. Its not like naming a pet. I would have never named my car Darla but she just really looked like she kept telling me thats what she wanted to be called. No other reason than that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My first NBC was a disaster to name - we settled on Mungo but it never really felt right and we never got along - so off I went to the dealer and met Horace, my black NBC... I knew his name from the minute I sat inside - he is so naughty (drives too fast and won't stop) that I decided he must be the reincarnation of Herbie's nemesis from the '97 7 remake...

So, Mungo took ages and then we fell out and Horace was an instant and we get along great...

(new wheels this week...:D )

·
Registered
16 Posts
It took me a while to name Loki. I felt like the name was perfect from the beginning, but Loki is the name of the Norse god of mischief and I felt strongly that the car was a "she".

In the end, the car's personality won out and SHE was christened Loki. :D

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
snarkie said:
I've had my NB for about 3 months now (since June 25th) and I *still* haven't come up with a good name for him yet. I was wondering how long it took everyone to name their Bugs, what their influences were, and what finally made you all decide on those names?
I bugged (pun intended) for 4 years to name her Beetle... and she finally did. Since it's silver and apparently a girl, she named it Storm (after the X-men character). Which is odd since my wife is not really a comic book geek or anything. :)

I wouldn't rush it... it's like naming your kid. The car's gotta live with it for a long time.

·
What The FudgeCake?
710 Posts
It took a long while for me to find out my bug's name...but for some reason i knew it was a "he" long before i knew his name. Whitacre is unique, semi-personable and charming, and he totally looks like it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My Beetle told me her name on the way home from the dealer. She was purring up a storm...she wanted to be called Kittee. Now she's hinting that she wants to be called "The M" after all the yellow M&M accessories she has acquired. We'll see.

I love my beetle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts