NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have worn out bushings on both sides of my front lower control arm. Also I am going to replace the ones on the rear links on the back of the car.

Thinking of ordering MEYLE bushings. Even that they say MEYLE GERMANY, these parts are made in China.

On the rear I want to order MEYLE 6R0 501 541A and on the front MEYLE 1J0 407 181

Have any of you has used these MEYLE "brand parts"? Whats your experience. I just looking for a factory ride.

THX

Isaac

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do yourself a favor and get the bushings for the r32(i believe those are the right ones). they hold up better, much better.

yup get the ones for the r32, here is a good writeup over on tdiclub on how to do it hillbilly style
HOW TO change the lower control arm bushing - TDIClub Forums
Hey thx for the link.

I have read that the TT/R32 complete solid rubber bushings are more harder in the ride in bumby streets

Its my understanding that the 6R0 501 541A has some holes in the rubber to absorbs bumby roads and give better ride

Here in my country streets are bad with full of holes:(

I already talked with my mechanic to do this job and he is going to charge me $45.oo each side........ I going to replace all 4 corners.

THX,

Isaac

·
Registered
307 Posts
I live in the middle of nowhere as well and the roads are horrible. Honestly the bushings you are replacing will not affect the ride enough to notice. the only time i really notice the difference is in corners if i decide to get on it a bit.

on a side note, the link i posted is a good walk through but putting the new bushings in with a vice is a pain, I thought hey it would be fun to try, after about 30 seconds i went over to the arbor press and just got the job done. either way you do it you just have to watch not to crush the arm.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have read that the TT/R32 complete solid rubber bushings are more harder in the ride in bumby streets
I have the solids on the front, no complaints since I replaced the struts at the same time. I recommend doing the struts as well. VERY EASY once you are in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts