NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to order the bilstein PSS9 coilovers. My aftermarket rims are 17" with 42c (tires are 225 45 17)-i believe stock wheels on nb are 35c. I probably need to order spacers.

Found some 8mm on ebay for good price. Would 8mm be enough.

Never used spacers before-you can pay high dollar for spacers. Or as you know you can get them moderate priced. Dont know if one should cut corners on spacers.

I know some others like Pulgamovile have put pss9 on with 17"- 35c rims.

Any one got spacers for sale.

·
Performance Freak
137 Posts
My stock wheels are 17x7 et38.

I run 8mm spacers on the front, which is the smallest I would
recommend since the 5mm spacers do NOT have a hubcentric ring or raised area to center the wheel. You WILL have vibrations like an unbalanced tire without the hubcentric part.

The 8mm and 10mm spacers have a raised ridge which helps center the wheel, BUT it is not as pronounced as the stock hub, which is straight. It's hard to describe, but the spacers have an angled raised part which makes it very hard to mount the wheel. You have to hold everything in place in order to thread the wheel bolt.

Anyway, the spacers have not given me any problems, but just make sure you get the proper length longer wheel bolts and torque them to spec.

A couple times when I took off then put on the wheels, if it's not perfectly centered, I'd get a small vibration, but readjusting and retorquing the bolts cured it.

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
Better question, where did you find the longer lug bolts?
VolksCafe has spacers, but not longer lug bolts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts