VW Beetle Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· ToD Maiden Voyager
4,919 Posts
19's on coilovers. No compromise speedwise, braking or otherwise.

Oh ya, to the previous poster. Some folks like comedy specials :rolleyes:

Attachments

· I don't care.....
786 Posts
19's on coilovers. No compromise speedwise, braking or otherwise.

Oh ya, to the previous poster. Some folks like comedy specials :rolleyes:
Everyone to their own, the op asked for opinions so i put mine forward.

I just think that big wheels on the newbie do it no favours at all, throws it sky high in the air so you get a 4x4 stance and the wheels take over the whole car instead of adding to the overall picture. Whereas 18 or 19's fill the arches nicely and flow with the car's natural curves.

· This chick drives a stick
4,857 Posts
The dub on 22's is pretty sweet though. Here's a shot...and it does NO justice what so ever...seeing this car in person was AMAZING!!!

But he had to go through a lot of work to get it that way. Ask him about it...Severe. He'll tell you everything you need to know about big wheels. I knew these wheels were big, but did guess on 22. But it looks sweet and it handled the Tail of the Dragon well tooo!! :)

2,649 Posts
The dub on 22's is pretty sweet though. Here's a shot...and it does NO justice what so ever...seeing this car in person was AMAZING!!!

But he had to go through a lot of work to get it that way. Ask him about it...Severe. He'll tell you everything you need to know about big wheels. I knew these wheels were big, but did guess on 22. But it looks sweet and it handled the Tail of the Dragon well tooo!! :)
Side benefit--no worries about puncturing an oilpan.:rolleyes: and the front valence would easily clear a highway gator, and, ooooo, I bet the side rockers would sit over top of any curb...and I appreciate the good laugh I get every time I see it.:thup:

· BICHITSFÄZ
824 Posts
Hey sorry I love the look of your smoked corner lights on the front.> Can i ask if you painted them or if you bought them. I have been trying to find them everywhere online and cant find them. I would appreciate it alot. Thanks and I think your beetles both look great!
I bought some Nightshades from Oreillys. took them out and sprayed a few coats over them :D easy as pie! :cool:

check my sig for my build thread if you want some step by step pics. :cool:

· Registered
432 Posts
Severe's bug is one of those cars you have to see in person. It does look a little funny in pictures, but seeing it in Person driving the Dragon (where he was a few cars ahead of me) was awesome. It's a fantastic car and proves you CAN pull off 22" rims given the right rims.

· This chick drives a stick
4,857 Posts
Yes, to see his car in person is just amazing. I can't even tell you how many people wanted to steal his keys! lol Great car! It can be done, as long as your willing to put some work into it!

· You can always turbo it
88 Posts
I know of a good set of 19 inch rims that look great on the VW New Beetle, they are black and have a glossy finish on them, only about 175 bucks each too, not a hubcap, full rim, email me if you want more info

· Registered
1 Posts
Yes, too big. They put too much strain on the wheel bearings and the drivetrain. The tires will be excessively expensive, and the ride will be VERY uncomfortable.
Says someone from 2005. 20s made from aluminum allot are very lite weight. And now days in 2022 twenty inch tires are very inexpensive and easy to find. Thought I would give an update. Welcome:)

Stick with 18's or 17's. Unless it's a "show car only".

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.