NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that normal for a car to be warm when you start the car? Feeling warm air blow through inside the car?

It's been pretty hot and humid for past week and half or so.

This is me, just obsessing over something little. I'm sure. But I figured I'd ask.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Is the fan on at all?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, until the car warms up, it will blow out hot air in the summer, and cold air in the winter. The car has to be warmed up before it can start changing the temperature of the air it's blowing throughout the cabin.
Ahh okay. It's all I wanted to know was if it was normal. Thanks.

I've noticed a lot lately that it's blowing hot air when I first start the car before turning the A/C on.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yep, it's normal. The vents are connected to the outside through the fresh air vents, so the outside hot is getting sucked in with the fans running. Turn on the recirculation button and it will help the A/C cool down the car faster, by shutting the fresh air vents.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is that normal for a car to be warm when you start the car? Feeling warm air blow through inside the car?

It's been pretty hot and humid for past week and half or so.

This is me, just obsessing over something little. I'm sure. But I figured I'd ask.
You are not obsessing. My 2000 does the same thing! Know exactly what ur talking about. Must be just be the design.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts