NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
That's the limited edition Dark Flint model. Not sure if it was exported to right-hand drive markets. They were available in the US (Canada too, I believe), and most of Europe.

-Des

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
ooooh! Thats my dream car!!! I'm drooling! Sooooo beautiful!!! :clap: We had one at my dealership for a while but doubt that helps :lol: Sorry...hope you find it somewhere!

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Bugmonkey said:
I would gladly give my left testicle for that color scheme in a hardtop.
i would gladly give that guys left testicle for that car as well lol

not losing one of mine for a car

person that lives in the area has one of those...incredible looking car

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
i would gladly give that guys left testicle for that car as well lol
Nope,I make the sacrifice, I get the car.
A guy I work with sister has one. I looks even better in person.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Bill and I sat in one, before we bought the one we have. We sat in it for a good, long time, but alas, it was not to be at that time....... :(

However, we love the one we do have! :D

·
Achtung Baby
1,643 Posts
I love that one too. There has been one in Montgomery,Al dealer since the summer, I think they finally sold it last week. When I went by there 2 weeks ago they had a sale sign in the window $25K. I hope they come out with some kind of special edition for 2006.
~shelly

·
Goon Squad Atheist
1,698 Posts
I saw one in boulder this summer. It must have been chipped, because I couldn't keep up. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just picked one up

I just picked one up last week. There were 2 left in Corona, both now 05 models. So far I like it. This is replacing a 2004 Acura TSX so there's some adjusting to do. Mostly I wish it had more power. I would have gotten an 06 but the price was pretty good (it went from 25k to 21k in four months) and I just loved the color combo. It's loaded too. Not as solid as my Acura, but it's a different car. Love driving top down. Will post pix when I get to it. Glad to be here!

·
Super Moderator
5,310 Posts
God I would love to have one of those. I wouldn't trade my bug for it, but I would deffinately add it to the family ;)

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
but it's a 2.0

all special editions are 2.0's

frown!!!!

jd

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
wowser said:
I just picked one up last week. There were 2 left in Corona, both now 05 models. So far I like it. This is replacing a 2004 Acura TSX so there's some adjusting to do. Mostly I wish it had more power. I would have gotten an 06 but the price was pretty good (it went from 25k to 21k in four months) and I just loved the color combo. It's loaded too. Not as solid as my Acura, but it's a different car. Love driving top down. Will post pix when I get to it. Glad to be here!
where are you from??? so cal?
i live not too far from corona vw. me and a friend test drove both of the dark flints that they have.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
There's one for sale on eBay right now. I have to say, it's not nearly as attractive as the publicity photos above make it out. That red roof is pretty cheesy looking, IMO, and I would definitely replace it with black when the time came for a new one. (There probably wouldn't be any red ones available, but that would suit me fine.)

eBay auction here.

Anyway, that one's in a suburb of Dallas. If that works for you, have a look. (It's a dealer, so you might even be able to bargain with them....)

·
Howdy
140 Posts
I think the pictures don't do the color justice..the color is more burgandy than the picture show.(seats and roof). They are a very nice ride.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts