VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'll try to take a picture of mine but it will be later this afternoon. I'm tied up this morning with some major health issues with my wife.

·
Bugger Since 67
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks and I hope things work out well for your wife!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hopefully this shows what you need. If you need more please let me know what else I can provide. Thanks for your comments on my wife. She has been in serious pain for the last 6 weeks. She has a tumor in her spinal cord. Today's appointment was the first ray of sunshine.

Greg

Attachments

·
Bugger Since 67
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the tumor malignant, or benign? Can they remove it?

·
Bugger Since 67
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't tell from the picture which cable is the one hanging from my top. I'll probably have to find someone with a vert and open the top halfway and look. Thanks for the picture. I'll look tomorrow morning and see if it starts to make sense to me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is the tumor malignant, or benign? Can they remove it?
We don't know at this point. She was scheduled for surgery today but we got a second opinion and felt much more comfortable with this spinal neuro surgeon. He wants to do more MRIs and other tests before he goes in. He feels surgery can wait until the Fall. The first Dr. didn't think it could be removed and was just going in for a biopsy. The second doctor believes he could remove it if it isn't malignant and growing but wants to know more information before undertaking the BIG surgery. It is a risky surgery. She has been in debilitating pain for about 6 weeks now. Hopefully we can get it under control with different meds. This getting old stuff sucks!

I can take another picture if it would help. If I knew where it attaches on your top maybe I could trace it to the other end.

Greg

·
Bugger Since 67
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The nore deliberate surgeon sounds best. My brother is an orthopedic surgeon who believes that back surgery more often makes things worse. But a tumor is a whole different story. We've been oraying for her.

·
Bugger Since 67
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The first picture is supposed to show that the cable is attached near the rear of the flap. What year is your beetle?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the prayers. I am a huge believer in the power of prayer.

My beetle is a 2004 GLS. It is the 1.8L turbo with a 5 speed. I tried to take the picture with the top in the same position as your picture. There are lots of cables in that area. For the next day or so I won't be able to move the top as I have the battery out trying to replace my cooling fans which are proving almost impossible to find. If you are still having no luck after tomorrow, I should have it back together and be able to take more and better pictures.

·
Bugger Since 67
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to have to repkace the cooling fans on my 2004 as well. Is tomorrow around noon still good?

·
Bugger Since 67
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oops; last part of that pist was meant for a vert iwner I met with today. His didn't have the cables that I bave dangling, but his was an 04 stick shift vert that he got for $1500 !!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was wondering. You're always welcome at my garage but AL is a fair piece from WA. LOL

·
Bugger Since 67
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
True, but my son made the trip twice by motorcycle!

·
Bugger Since 67
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far, I've looked at three early new beetles and none of them has the elastic cord and eyelet that my top has dangling from each side. I've got to look at a newer New Beetle like my 2007.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts