We don't know at this point. She was scheduled for surgery today but we got a second opinion and felt much more comfortable with this spinal neuro surgeon. He wants to do more MRIs and other tests before he goes in. He feels surgery can wait until the Fall. The first Dr. didn't think it could be removed and was just going in for a biopsy. The second doctor believes he could remove it if it isn't malignant and growing but wants to know more information before undertaking the BIG surgery. It is a risky surgery. She has been in debilitating pain for about 6 weeks now. Hopefully we can get it under control with different meds. This getting old stuff sucks!Is the tumor malignant, or benign? Can they remove it?