VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cabrio 2003 1.4 manual ,i cant unlock my doors with cental lock but i still can lock, furthermore sometimes widnows are getting crazy while i am trying to raise them ,sometimes button on passanger side dont work as well ,but on my side still working. The orange light from the airbags is on the desktop, the computer shows an error with the ccm

· Registered
19,258 Posts
CCM location, this is for the LHD; maybe different on RHD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
What scan tool are you using and what are the trouble codes?

to be honest i dont know ,beacuse it was a long time ago ,and i am not sure but i dont there was any trouble code ,I think he could not connect with ccm. We were also trying to delete this code ,but it's impossible ,any guy which i asked to delete this has failed this exam.

· Registered
19,258 Posts
Well, probably time to inspect things on your car and try to find it. Is this a RHD car; what spec or localization was this car (uk, aus, nz, etc)?

What are the trouble coded? Have you tried a hard reset of the ecu?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, probably time to inspect things on your car and try to find it. Is this a RHD car; what spec or localization was this car (uk, aus, nz, etc)?

What are the trouble coded? Have you tried a hard reset of the ecu?

LHD made in mexico ,cannot connect with ccm ,ye i tried to reset ecu ,unlcuky dont work :( ,so i should try to find it above pedal cluster?

· Registered
19,258 Posts
Reset ecu: remove + and - cables touch them together and reinstall on the battery.

If things don’t change; the codes indicate the scan tool cannot connect, there made be a bad part, bringing down the data bus or the module is bad?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ye i will try when i would have some free time ,next case which happens today was troubles with radio, namely radio dont turn off while i am pulling out my key ,it can be related with ccm? i searched it can be due to blown fuse.. what do you think?

· Registered
19,258 Posts
I guess the question is; if the problem is with the aftermarket stereo or if the wiring is a issue?

Can the stereo be turned off; by depressing the power button or is it stuck on? If you cannot turn it off; no matter what, then i guess the stereo could be defective?

· Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys ,I have some issues with this module ,and i cant find anything about where is CCM in new beetle cabrio? maybe somebody know ,thank you very much!
It is under the steering column ... easy to get to and replace .. It didn't seem to make any difference on my car, but someone else might have had success Toughest part is pulling of the panels under the driver side dashboard

1 - 16 of 16 Posts