NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm new here, but I'm so glad I found this forum. I need to replace the front oxygen sensor, but I can't locate it. I have understood that it's located under the hood, but I just can't figure out where..

Can anyone help? A picture would be awesome.

My New Beetle is 1.8T (gas), year 2000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I noticed this thread, but I thought it only covers Golf and Jetta. Are these instructions applicable also with New Beetle?

I'll look for the sensor under the car tomorrow. For some reason I thought it's located under the hood. According to these instructions replacing the sensor looks quite easy. I hope so.. :)

(Sorry for my plain English, I'm from Finland..)

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Thanks! I noticed this thread, but I thought it only covers Golf and Jetta. Are these instructions applicable also with New Beetle?

I'll look for the sensor under the car tomorrow. For some reason I thought it's located under the hood. According to these instructions replacing the sensor looks quite easy. I hope so.. :)

(Sorry for my plain English, I'm from Finland..)
I used this DIY when I replaced the forward sensor on my '04 1.8T. Everything in the DIY was exactly like what I found on my car. Should be the same for you. Replacing the sensor wasn't too difficult at all. Best of luck. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used this DIY when I replaced the forward sensor on my '04 1.8T. Everything in the DIY was exactly like what I found on my car. Should be the same for you. Replacing the sensor wasn't too difficult at all. Best of luck. Keep us posted on your progress.
Awesome! I'll replace the sensor tomorrow. Thanks very many!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found it and replaced with new one, but it didn't help. The same problem exists. I might have made a mistake connecting the sensor, so will look at it once more..

·
5/23/10 <3
11,009 Posts
Did you have a CEL code for it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts