VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can someone help me out and tell me where I can find this relay? I am having problems with my fuel pump and I want to check and see it the relay is going bad on me.

Thanks for the help!

Petes

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
The relay panel is located under the left side of the instrument panel (under the dash). The fuel pump relay is in position #4 on the bottom row. It should be marked #208.

The 50A fuel pump relay fuse is located in the main fuse box on top of the battery and the 15A fuel pump fuse should be in position #28 in the fusebox on the side of the dash.

Hope this helps!!!

·
We've only got 4 Minutes!
295 Posts
Can anyone tell me where the fuel pump fuse is at for a 2005 2.0L Beetle? I'm about to replace my fuel filter and was told the start the car- then remove this fuse.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Can anyone tell me where the fuel pump fuse is at for a 2005 2.0L Beetle? I'm about to replace my fuel filter and was told the start the car- then remove this fuse.
It is fuse #28, in the panel on the side of the dash that gets uncovered when you open the driver's door.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
There are 3 T-25 (or maybe T-20) screws along the rear edges of the panel. Lower down the rear edge, then slide it rearward. I assume you are talking about the kick panel above the diver's feet. You shouldn't need to remove the dash or reinforcing plate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thx I've looked at a lot of pics of what and where it is supposed to be, but I don't see any thing like that. Could you post a pic of it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thx for all the help. I got it out, and there are burn marks on it. Going to parts store on Monday. Now my next problem, this all started by replacing the fuel filter. I had to cut off the fittings to get it out. I need some ideas on how to get new fittings on the old tubes. I was going to trey a heat gun.... Any help.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thx for the info.
I replaced the Relay, and still no voltage to the Fuel Pump. All fuses good. Does any one have and Ideas why??????

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
In general, with the engine off/key on there won't be voltage to the fuel pump. The ECU will power the fuel pump when it sees activity from the engine speed sensor. The fuel pump will run for about 1 second when the driver's door is opened, but only if the fuel pressure in the line has run down. So, if the driver's door has been closed for 1 hour or more you should hear the pump run for 1 second when the door is opened.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thx for the info.
I replaced the Relay, and still no voltage to the Fuel Pump. All fuses good. Does any one have and Ideas why??????
Time to break out the multi meter and wiring diagram, you need to test the electrical paths and find where your failure is. I can't help you from where I stand... put the car in front of me and I'll crack out my $85 pawn shop Fluke 179 and be able to tell you where the problem is.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.