NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where exactly is the fuel filter/ water separator on the '06 1.9? I haven't bought any books yet and would like to find the unit not only on my '06 1.9 but my parent's '04 1.9. Thanks...Michael P.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
It's at the bottom of the fuel filter, which is located right by your washer fluid tank. You'll see it; it's got 2 lines and a T-fitting. Undo the clamp on the housing, pull the filter up, and twist the knob and drain for a few seconds. That's all there is to it.

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
Be very careful. That plastic knob on the bottom is very tender. Twist too hard, and you will have to buy a new fuel filter. Just twist gently. Don't give it that one little bit more twist to be sure it is tight.

·
Super Moderator
8,914 Posts
hannaco said:
Be very careful. That plastic knob on the bottom is very tender. Twist too hard, and you will have to buy a new fuel filter. Just twist gently. Don't give it that one little bit more twist to be sure it is tight.

Here-here!
If that plastic knob breaks..you get air in your fuel system which means your car will not turn over and you might think the injector pump has gone out. I speak from experience. My situation though was because someone rocked it into place when they were replacing it...broke the connection just enough to allow air in. I ended up being towed to the dealership because I had no idea what was going on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts