VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. first time poster. woo hoo! anyways...

got a '99 beetle automatic with a bum tranny, and i want to replace it with a rebuilt, but have nooooooo idea where to get a reliable one. my mechanic has been trying to find one for months with no luck. anyone know where a guy can pick up a rebuilt tramsmission online that i can rely on? maybe even one that has (gulp) a warranty of some kind? in the dark here, and really want to get the girl running again as everything else is in good shape!!

thanks in advance, and happy driving!

-NL-

·
Registered
33 Posts
A good automatic is hard to come by. I had a buddy who bought 1 from a salvage yard, installed it and of course it didn't work as good as the one he took out. They gave him another and luckily it was good but he had to do the job twice. Alot of the TDI guys are switching out to 5spd's which may or may not be a option for you. I possibly have all of the parts to do a switch out from a 04' with a 2.0L If you have any interest in going that way send me a PM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ate

I've heard good things about this shop. Haven't tried them yet. Still working thru some engine gremlins on my daughter's beetle.

Autobahn Transmission Exchange in Reading, PA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts