NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know it is very difficult to find parts for a convertible, I am looking for the high center third brake light and the right rear tail light assembly. I have found lenses or parts for the coupe, but where do people go for parts that fit the convertible. thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
I usually start by identifying the part you need correctly; then, find the part number and then search online, for the best price.

https://parts.vw.com/

Some parts are worth buying used and some that are failure prone or those that deteriorate from the sun, use or other reasons, should be bought new. Some parts should only be bought as genuine vw with fitment, quality and even lack of a aftermarket option, should be bought as factory Volkswagen parts.

For used parts, there are specialty vw parts junk yards that are online or you can check your local pick/pull type place; ebay, is a good source for parts, searching with the correct VW part number, can simplify and guarantee, you get the correct part for your car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the extra info, the use the internet one must first know the question to ask, I will start searching part numbers. I found a tail light seller who says it fits a 2003 convertible and the hatchback. Most other information I have found says it will not fit both, so now I can be sure

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
Looking at the part number; on your old part or using the VW parts site, is the best way to identify the correct parts. I have bought quite a few parts at the junk yard/pick n pull; only to discover, they were the wrong ones, when I got home and tried to fit them on my car. There are quite a few variations in the parts on the new beetle; from 1998-2010, it easy to think, that they look the same and many are not, they revised quite a few things in that production run, especially body parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts