NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ShellEy
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brochure for the beetle shows a short, white cable connecting the ipod to the port under the stereo - but VW apparently does not carry this cable. I went to radio shack and the shortest one they had was 6ft. long. It's crazy having all these cords everywhere.

What I'd like is some integrated unit (like the Belkin Tune Dock) where I can purch my iPod and it can be charged and connected to the port neatly w/o cables hanging all over the place.

Anyone know of an economical setup like this? I've seen the Hardmon Kardon thing, that looks nice, but I don't have that kinda dough.

Thanks,
ShellEy
(new Beetle owner for 2 weeks!)

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Check out enfig.com.

They do have a few integrated solutions that charge and transmit audio simultaneously. They start at $70.

I have my Blitzsafe adapters coming in on Friday - will report back on installation and use.

-Des

·
Registered
43 Posts
short cable

Look at a different radio shack. I bought mine there just a few months ago. It's perhaps 9-12 inches long and it's white.

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
For Jake I used a wire that came from a cheapo universal fm modulator my neighbor gave me. The cord's about 6 inches or so long. Otherwise I use a Griffin iTrip in Elwood, and have been very happy with it.

·
Auto X
46 Posts
Herbie3Rivers said:
For Jake I used a wire that came from a cheapo universal fm modulator my neighbor gave me. The cord's about 6 inches or so long. Otherwise I use a Griffin iTrip in Elwood, and have been very happy with it.
Crutchfield sells a cable that hooks into the CD changer wireing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts