NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

is there a manufacture that sells them? or does anyone have a part number so i can get them from a dealership?

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
The only way to buy them new is to buy a complete steering wheel with air bag and that's well over $1000 even discounted 25% from a supplier like parts4vw etc.

The other ways are to find someone that has replaced their TurboS steering wheel with something else or to go to a junk yard.

I bought an entire steering wheel from an org member that installed an R32 steering wheel into his car. Others have found them much in the same way.

It took me 6 years to locate a set. Good luck with your search. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,751 Posts
I got mine from the classifieds here, he is also a good friend....

·
5/23/10 <3
11,077 Posts
Found mine when a Turbo S was at the local junkyard. Almost took the wheels too, but the steering wheel spokes made me pretty happy.

·
Super Moderator
14,751 Posts
They really make a difference in the interior. So happy I replaced those craptastic spokes! :p Thank you again! :)

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
They come up now and again. I found one looking on eBay through dozens of leather wheels and I got lucky. The junkyard didn't know what they had and it was just listed as a normal Beetle leather wheel. I've had 3 TS steering wheels so far but they are definitely hard to find.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
It's one of those things that you can know how all you want, you just have to try again and again and again and again until it miraculously happens.

Having an unmounted steering wheel to practice on helps. Being able to see what needs to be done and how it feels helps a ton.

·
Super Moderator
14,751 Posts
I installed mine by myself. In my toolbox, I already had the set of hex keys to use....:p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They come up now and again. I found one looking on eBay through dozens of leather wheels and I got lucky. The junkyard didn't know what they had and it was just listed as a normal Beetle leather wheel. I've had 3 TS steering wheels so far but they are definitely hard to find.
since you have 3 would you be willing to sell a set of them

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought 3 to find 2 perfect sets and sold the reject set. I have a set on each of my NB's so I can't sell them. Best of luck finding a set, they do come up here and there.
wow it was that hard to get a hold of

1 - 16 of 16 Posts