NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's Beetle has the 6-disk changer under the armrest. I'd like to add a Phatbox as well, and I'd like to put it in the OEM CD changer location in the back...but I don't know where it is, and there don't seem to be any readily-noticeable spots to look.

If you've got the CD changer in the back/hatch, mind telling me where it is?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 02 had the changer on the drivers side in the trunk. Haven't seen a factory unit under the armrest.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
It's just in the trunk, not behind a panel?

The one under the armrest is factory. They switched in 2003 or so, I think. I'm just wondering if there's a harness with a CD changer plug in the trunk too.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
It's just in the trunk, not behind a panel?

The one under the armrest is factory. They switched in 2003 or so, I think. I'm just wondering if there's a harness with a CD changer plug in the trunk too.
Hmm not sure if there are plugs in the trunk or not. I wouldnt think so. But the changer mounts on the driver side kinda in the middle. No panel just in the open.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I believe the convertibles had the changer in the armrest? And/or cars with the Monsoon system? My 2003 Vert with Monsoon has the changer in the armrest, was Dealer installed.

If yours is in the armrest, then there will be no wiring in the trunk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts