NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Im a newb to the Beetle and to this forum. I do have a previous history in that I helped my dad in the early 70s build and race Beetle dirt track race cars. He was in the Army and we were stationed in Germany at the time. Also helped him in the late 70s rebuild a Beetle engine that had a busted piston.

Anyway, today my wife and I am interested in a 2012 or newer Beetle for her to use as a daily driver. We live in the south east US. She is wanting to break away now from the mini vans and SUV/crossovers. She will however drive roughly 15,000 to 18,000 miles a year so we are probably looking for a newer used Beetle or a very low miles one. We are open to the gas engine as well as TDI although I know nothing about TDI engines. We would like good fuel economy (30+ mpg highway), Convertible, auto transmission. Are there any years we might focus in on as better in the 2012 and later models? Any specifics would be great since I have never researched the Beetle prior to this and want to make a great informed decision. The newest beetles are too expensive since they are so new but looking for something less than 13,000.00 in total cost.

Any advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi there,

Go in the 2012+ Photos sub-forum here and you will find a little topic I started with a video comparing the three generations of Beetles (vintage, New Beetles between 1998 and 2010 and the newest ones 2012+).

I've owned a 2002 black NB for 16 years, now since 2 years I drive my new 2013 white Beetle. My older one was fun but way less reliable with several little problems and of course bigger ones as it got older, which is normal for any brand of car. By comparison though, my 2013 is simply perfect up to now. For low mileage like you and your wife want to do, I don't recommend the diesel. I'm got the 2,5 L 5-cylinder and it's a rocket compared to the old 2.0 L. Just reached 50K km last week ! Happy Beetle shopping and don't forget to post pics on the 2012+ Photos sub-forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts