NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a unit to do a throttle body alignment on a 1999 AEG 2.0. Any comments on either the iLink 400 Pro, or Vident VAG-II?

·
Registered
11,247 Posts
What is your budget; how much are you will to spend? There are many scan tools out there; vcds by ross tech ($199)and obdeleven ($99 or less), seem to be the most popular and widely used.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ross=tech is the company that engineered the vcds programming with vw’s approval. If you need support and call them you often get the owner on the line. They are located in southern Pennsylvania and speak perfect English.

All updates are automatic and free. You can do all kinds of things to your car that those other units will be unable to or you’ll have a hard time finding how to do whatever it is that you wish to do.

Likely if you call these other companies support you’ll have to talk to someone in Calcutta or Peking (intentional) who can speak English through a thick accent.

Those companies have pirated Ross-tech’s system because their country, (China) has no intellectual piracy laws.

While I would probably try obdeleven if the opportunity arose because I have heard it works well I probably won’t just because I hate rewarding criminal behavior.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Thejarhead
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing