VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5/23/10 <3
11,304 Posts
Well, what are you looking for? DV or BOV? BOVs don't work well on our cars.

Forge makes some great diverter valves. I have their 007 on my GTI and its great.

·
Wife's 01 1.8T mechanic
629 Posts
Stock car? Use the updated Bosch part. Available at the dealer, or from anyone that carries Bosch. I have the box in my garage if you need the PN.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would recomend just to upgrade for a Forge DV or Splitter Valve, they are both reliable and will work fine if you are stock or reflashed. good luck

·
Registered
108 Posts
Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

Forge 007 works well. I'm planning to buy one soon, they also have a pdf manual to install and how to repair the diverter valve so you don't waste money buying a new one. But I've seen a lot of reviews on this.

If you sort of want that bov sound effect I also recommend upgrading to a cold air intake, a lot of people use the neuspeed p-flo. I use an aFe cold air intake and it's really fun everytime I shift.

Good luck :)

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
unless you have a chip, there is no need for a DV or BOV unless you just want that cool "woosh" sound. the stock DV is whats made for the car. chipped cars need one. the 007 is the most reliable one, its the one i used on my old bug (398whp)

-jd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts