NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Red for sure. It looks a little darker than stock to me, it's going to be the body color correct?
Also, could you resize that pic? It's breaking the tables.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks for the resize. Red works the best, but to go silver, you would need more silver on the nose. Silver hood perhaps? Silver eye surrounds might work.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Turbo S or Euro Votex front, both are excellent looking. If you don't like either of those, consider the Caractere front.

The pic you posted contrasts with the style of the NB, it's very rice.

I don't like rice, which is probably why you keep taking exception to my comments about your potential mods, but if you post looking for opinions don't be surprised if they're not all positive ones.

SMG

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no thats not the price I was charged I got it cheaper 195 lbs or... just a minute I gotta go convert it... yikes!!! that is alot $344.00 ohh well. its gonna look sweet. I dont think it actually hangs down in the front like you think maybe because its photoshopped or sumpthin.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I guess I have to agree with SMG (I'll give him a minute while he picks his jaw off the floor)... though (hopefully) a little more tactfully. I don't much care for the nose.

That said, since you already decided on it and bought it, I have to assume you do like it... so us telling you that we don't like it doesn't do you any good.

Putting aside my overall impressions of the design, if you're just asking whether your nose should be red or silver... I'd definitely say red. There isn't enough other silver, as it stands, on the front (or anywhere on the car for that matter) to make a silver nose tie in with anything else, IMHO. But I don't know what else you have planned for your car, either... it could be that you're thinking of adding silver accents all over... in which case the silver nose might work out for you.

But, heck, what do we know. Do what you like.

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks Steinie, I think maybe the front end became kinda warped when I dragged it out in photoshop might not look exactly like the picture I was thinking about the silver gravel guard on the back fenders and maybe the silver running board guards like these?

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
SMG said:
Turbo S or Euro Votex front, both are excellent looking. If you don't like either of those, consider the Caractere front.

The pic you posted contrasts with the style of the NB, it's very rice.

I don't like rice, which is probably why you keep taking exception to my comments about your potential mods, but if you post looking for opinions don't be surprised if they're not all positive ones.

SMG
this is an entire front clip its gotta cost a fortune!! and the Caractere front is $555.00 thats alot more than I paid.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
I like it a fair bit. :)

I say go with the silver front and then maybe get a silver accent to match in the rear. I like your current direction of style a lot better than previous...clean mods go a long way. :)

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
I like the red also. If there was more silver elsewhere on the car that would work.I didn't like the rocker cover,it looked like a home job.I did like the fender guards.How would everything in black look? You have a black top so everything should work with it. Do a photoshop that way just to see.

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
this might have been said but im to lazy to read. the silver looks great. but i would do the side skirts and the back lip just like you did the front lip. that would look amazing.

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
lnzbug said:
I like the red also. If there was more silver elsewhere on the car that would work.I didn't like the rocker cover,it looked like a home job.I did like the fender guards.How would everything in black look? You have a black top so everything should work with it. Do a photoshop that way just to see.
He doesn't have a black top, I think that was photoshopped too from a previous thread.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
GINA said:
He doesn't have a black top, I think that was photoshopped too from a previous thread.
Oh thats right, I forgot, he was asking about that mod too. See what happens when you get old :p

1 - 20 of 45 Posts