NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum, and I thought I would buy an obd2 code reader. Then I find they run from $49 to $249. I also know everyone has a favorite one.
I have a check engine light, and abs light sometimes. Looking for one that works well in general, about mid range in cost, if that is possible.
My ride is a 1999 GL NB Cyber Green.
Also who is a good online suplier of parts.

Thanks in advance for your help,
crunch1

·
Registered
8 Posts
code reader

I have one i bought at advance auto parts for around $150. it seams to work well and will also look up the codes. You can hook to computer for updates and print. if you decide on one at advance go to internet for discount coupon.:)

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
VAG-COM is the only way to go. Its also the only reader that will read and clear airbag and ABS codes/lights. Its more expensive, but it will pay for itself.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
New to forum, and I thought I would buy an obd2 code reader. Then I find they run from $49 to $249. I also know everyone has a favorite one.
I have a check engine light, and abs light sometimes. Looking for one that works well in general, about mid range in cost, if that is possible.
My ride is a 1999 GL NB Cyber Green.
Also who is a good online suplier of parts.

Thanks in advance for your help,
crunch1
Welcome to the Org!

Readers

“vChecker” Basic & Pro
Home Page > Search > Vagchecker > ES#9951 V-Checker Scanner - Basic - VAGCHECKERBASIC
Home Page > Search > V-Checker > ES#9950 V-Checker Scanner - Pro - VAGCHECKERPRO

Vag-Com the real enchilada from Ross-Tech
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/interfaces.html

Then go here -
VW Online Technical Library - Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) Tables

MORAV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts